Thursday, March 6, 2014

Egypt HERE I COME

Me and the family are going to be in Egypt for the month of April (staying pretty much the whole month). I'm so freakin excited! I'm hoping to meet a couple blogger-friends I've made over the years HOW AWESOME!

Here are some things I want to do while I'm there:


  • Go to Hurghada or Sharm and go scuba diving
  • Visit the souks 
  • Go to the mosque regularly, try to get into a habit of praying at least sometimes, absorb the cultural and religious energy
  • Visit the hanging church
  • Take the metro, in particular the new line that was built since last time I was in Cairo, passes by the family condo
  • Go to Ahly park 
  • Go by Tahrir square (not gonna spend extended periods of time there though)
  • EAT FOOD, this will be a focus :P
  • Go see a show at a nightclub, maybe belly dancers or something
  • Spend some time at an orphanage
  • If possible, go to Manshiat Nasar. It's not super far, but husband thinks it's a little dangerous and of course not in any way touristic. 
  • See family and friends
  • Go to Alex (dad is based in Alex, mom in Cairo)
The more I think about it, the more I can't wait! I have so many things I want to experience, I want to re-live my experiences in the city... Nothing too fancy except our trip to Hurghada or Sharm. 

I need your help! If you have anything to recommend from specific restos or outings or clubs, ANYTHING, I'll be happy! 


5 Comentários:

Amalia said...

We can't wait to meet you!!! We'll have to arrange a place to meet!

Candice said...

Yay! I was working on my list of things to do this morning and meeting you and your family was the first thing on it :)

Sarah said...

Sounds exciting!
For belly dance, my former dance teacher is performing in Cairo, seemingly in the Fairmont Nile City Hotel. She has a very interesting blog I've followed for a while: http://bellylorna.blogspot.co.uk

Candice said...

Awesome! I will check to see if I can go see her, if it's in the area and works out, I really want to see a bellydancing show :D

Susanne said...

Oh, how nice! I can't wait to read your posts about your time there. I hope you are able to do everything on your list!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO