Friday, March 22, 2013

Going to be Reading an Umm Zakiyyah Manuscript

I'm pretty happy and excited to be one of the selected readers for the newest novel by Umm Zakiyyah which will be called Muslim Girl. I don't know how much of a "selection" it really was for the readers of the manuscript, but whether or not they chose me because they wanted someone like me as part of the test group or because they didn't have that many people showing interest in reading the manuscript, I'm super excited!

If anything, I'll be so much more into the book knowing that my feedback could be worth something. I've always loved editting... Much more than writing. I'm not especially creative but I have a good eye for what sounds right and flows right and I'm good at giving feedback.

Has anyone read any of her novels? What did you think?

5 Comentários:

Muhammad Yahya said...

yes of course you should read that novel. all books of umm zakkiyah are great.

L.L. said...

did u enter a contest or sign up?

Candice said...

It was an application that I submitted so it wasn't a contest. They were looking for people interested in giving feeback on the book before release.

Bint_Salih said...

Her books are amaaaaazing. Read every single one of them.Totally looking forward to this one. Was looking up the book today 'cos I just found out about it then stumbled upon your blog. U've most probably submitted the review by now. I'm pretty sure it is as awesome as all her books. Don't know if the book has been published yet tho.

Candice said...

I enjoyed it! It was a bit too pre-teen for me but I still got something good out of it and it reminded me of how important it is to have faith in your heart, how everyone falters and to be proud of who I am. :)

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO