Saturday, September 15, 2012

My Gratitude Journal

I bought myself a pretty journal that makes me happy to write in. I find it just gorgeous and I'm drawn to it each day. Makes me WANT to write.




I've been writing things that I'm thankful for. From very big things we take from granted like mobility and sight to general things like health to specific things like receiving something I ordered. Some things are meaningful and some are just not, but either way it's things that make me happy and I don't want to skip gratitude even for things that are superficial like cosmetics or a watching a movie.

Yeah, it's upside down. Haha, you'll really need to put some effort into it if you want to try to read the uninteresting stuff I have written here. hehe. My advice is: Don't. Not worth it!

Has anyone put extra effort into being thankful these days? How is that working out? What else do you do to stay balanced and happy?

Rebekkah mentioned a great and important one: SMILING




6 Comentários:

Jasmine Ali said...

lol, this is so random, but did you get your journal from Dollarama?

Candice said...

YES, I did! :D I was pretty thrilled because I was planning on going to Winners to get a 10$ one at first. I was surprised at the great crap they sell at Dollarama!

muslimathome said...

I need to start doing this. And I'm sure having a cute notebook would help!

Amalia said...

I really like this idea and I used to do the same thing. I had several pretty journals where I used to write letters to God and thank Him for things. It kind of helped me to pray this way as the ritual prayer sometimes just feels meaningless.

I really like looking back over those journals and seeing how my life changed since then and realizing some of the things I was praying for and hoped for actually came true in the end :)

Rebekka @ Becky's Kaleidoscope said...

Oh wow, it is very pretty!

And thank you for mentioning me. <3

Susanne said...

I love this idea, Candice!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO