Monday, June 4, 2012

Skin Care

What is your skin care routine? Which products do you use? How much to you spend on your skin? How important is it to you to have healthy feeling and healthy looking skin? 

I'm starting to realize how important it is to take care of my skin. Especially with lighter skin more prone to sun damage, we age faster than we think! I'm starting to develop a more serious skin care routine recently. Not just slapping on some moisturizer every couple days, but cleansing every day, moisturizing twice a day, putting a priority on sunscreen, exfoliating once or twice a week. I'm still working it out but I've been serious about it for about a month and my skin has never felt or looked better! It's actually making me glad that I had weird skin in need of attention to snap me into this routine instead of waking up at 40 or 50 never having cared.

I'm going for the most part organic (with Eminence products, who also make the mineral powder I reviewed and use) except for my cleanser that I get from my husband's company (Aveeno ultra-calming moisturizing cream cleanser). I also just bought samples from Annmarie Gianni's organic skin care line and will see if I like anything.

I'm trying to make the most budget-friendly routine that suits my skin and makes me feel good... I think it's worth investing a certain amount rather than letting difficult skin not feel good but I would suggest trying a variety of products in different price ranges through samples to get a good idea of quality/price ratio.

My cleanser is free and suits my skin so I won't use a 30$ per bottle cleanser every day even if I prefer it somewhat. The free moisturizers I had access to and the 5-10$ ones too, did not work on my skin so spending 40$ on one that works makes sense and is more than worth it! Based on the use I got out of my samples, it should last 3-4 months using it twice a day so it's not extravagant even if it's in the high end price range (regular price is like 50something$ but I get a discount at my cousin's salon). The exfoliant I am getting is about 30$ but since it's used twice a week it will last a really long time. I will also probably get a moisturizing masque which, like the exfoliant will last a really long time because it's also going to be used less frequently than cleanser or moisturizer.

A simple but thorough routine, I think.
Approximate price per month: 23$
Approximate price per month INCLUDING sunscreen AND sun defense mineral powder which really should be counted as make-up: 32$


I like to think I was conservative in my estimates to allow for if the products got used faster than I thought or if I buy a couple extra products over the course of the year because strictly, it should be a bit less than that amount. 

1 Comentário:

Rebekka @ Becky's Kaleidoscope said...

I have really dry and sensitive skin (typical Scandinavian).

I've recently started using products from Plaisir, a series of product specifically for people with Scandinavian skin and it has been really good for me. Especially using their mousse cleanser, I can't believe how soft my skin is :P

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO