Sunday, June 10, 2012

Incorporating islamic phrases

A loose English translation of bismillah with my main idea of God drawn out



I don't think it's essential for a Muslim to throw in all sorts of Arabic in their day to day talk... But I do think it's recommended to use certain islamic phrases or at least have their meaning in the back of our heads.

With a lot of time I've started to develop the habit of using some of them, mostly while writing since we write slower than we speak and I've started to think them when I'm speaking to people. 

Masha'Allah is my most automatic lately especially when I see a baby and compliment it (though it could be when I compliment anything) and I have also started thinking alhamdulilah when someone or I sneeze. I also feel the need to greet people with salam and I do especially in written form. 

Hopefully with time I'll be using these out loud and I will be able to incorporate the two most important ones, insha'Allah and bismillah... There's some work to be done but I do have a bit of progress with insha'Allah though it's definitely not an automatic yet. 


6 Comentários:

truth said...

salam
Hhamdulillah...good

Aysha Farooqui said...

Assalamualeikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu dear sister :-)
Hope all is well, inshaAllahu ta'ala!

What a great post, mashaAllah! You know, it's funny how you mentioned it... I was just thinking about how I totally overkill the word "inshaAllah".... You should see me when I write sms's. InshaAllah is like every second word I use, hahaha :D

But you're absolutely right, because although these words are small, they are very strong and beautiful in their meaning, and they are a great way of pleasing Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala :-)

FiamanAllah
//The Creative Muslimah

LK said...

InshaAllah, MashAllah, Allhumdillah still slip even for me from time to time. I find them very beautiful in their own way.

Candice said...

Aysha: That's great! There probably is a level of "insha'Allah" that starts to get annoying, but I'm sure it's all good to God Himself and better more than not enough! hehe

LK: That's neat. The meanings are good for anyone of any religion I think so I find that it makes sense for even a non-Muslim to use these words. :)

muslimathome said...

I still have a hard time with this. I think Bismillah is easy cause I usually say it quietly to myself and Inshallah when I'm making plans about the future. But just peppering it into the conversation bugs me. Sometimes I feel like people don't mean it. They're just saying it to seem pious or something.

muslimathome said...

I still have a hard time with this. I think Bismillah is easy cause I usually say it quietly to myself and Inshallah when I'm making plans about the future. But just peppering it into the conversation bugs me. Sometimes I feel like people don't mean it. They're just saying it to seem pious or something.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO