Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Excited but Scared

This is how I feel with Ramadan fast approaching. Excited but scared.

That's a step up from when people started to talk about the month approaching; I was just scared that time.

I have never successfully fasted the whole month of Ramadan and I wasn't even close actually. Last year I was pregnant and didn't try and I don't feel bad about it but the other years, I do. I didn't have the willingness I guess. I think I've grown spiritually and I feel like I might be able to do it this year finally. Things are in my favour like being off work. I won't have to pretend to drink or hide my fasting. I'll also be able to take a nap during the day if the baby is cooperating. It's still going to be hard with the days being so long and having to fulfill the exhausting job of taking care of a baby.

Do you know what made me start to feel excited? When someone posted about waking up for suhour. It surprised even me that something like that would make me excited because I hate waking up and I hate napping because it means having to wake up an additional time in my day, but there's something about suhour that's so peaceful and serene. It's something special to the month that I have a good feeling about :)


God, please give me the strength to fast successfully the blessed month of Ramadan this year and allow me to gain the blessings and rewards that come with it. Ameen.

2 Comentários:

L.L. said...

Ameen. this will be my 1st year fasting, inshAllah. I was exempt the last few years. i am also scared. it will be about a 16 or 17 hour fast for us. what about for u?

Candice said...

May God grant you an easy and fulfilling fast. Ameen.

I think it will be 15-16 hours here (like just past 5am until a bit before 9pm at the beginning and probably shorter by an hour total by the end of the month). I usually go to bed at 10! Waaaaaaah :'( Baby wakes up around 5:30-6:30am these days so my post-suhoor sleep will not be too helpful. Waaaaah :'(

OK, done whining. lol

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO