Wednesday, June 20, 2012

30 Things Day 20 - Childhood Memories

20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.


1) I remember believing that my teddy bear had some special magical powers and would help things come true for me. Sort of like how a child might think about God, but for me it was my teddy bear since I was pretty much an atheist until I became Muslim. 


2) I can remember the pride my parents had at coming to school for parent-teacher day because they knew they'd be getting nothing else than good news about my behaviour and achievements. They always talk proudly about both me and my brother and always have.


3) This is from pre-teendom or maybe early teens. My mom and dad came to tell me that they are always there for me, whatever situation I might be in. Even if I'm drunk, even if I took drugs, even if I'm out of town... That I should never ever hitch hike and that my safety was the most important of all. And that if I wanted to try something like pot, to let them know and they'd get some from a trusted source and I could do that with them. 

1 Comentário:

Susanne said...

cute about the teddy bear :)

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO