Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Want to be Better - any partners?

Does anyone else want to be better and sort of doesn't know where to start and how to do it? Or you have ideas but are not being very good about implementing them?

I want to be a better mom but I feel frozen in my current routine and I feel mostly alone in my parenting. I want to be a better person but I don't know what to offer or to who. I want to eat ethically but I don't know where to start. I want to be healthier and more active but I have trouble fitting it into my day to day life.

I'd love it if someone wanted to partner up with me. Someone who very available online to be able to exchange messages often, either by email or Facebook. Someone who also wants to better herself (yes, I am asking for a woman) and who needs a little extra support. Someone who is a bit chatty and doesn't feel awkward updating on a lot of little things.

My idea is to be gradual (which is why I need someone who wants to chat about every little bit of progress)... I want to read more often to my daughter until it's set as an every night routine like it should be, I want to lower TV time, I want to do some simple, easy crafts with her when we're home, I want to find new ways to bring education into our day to day activities. I want to find ways to do things for others. From small habits I can form to bigger things like actual volunteering... I want to change my eating habits by lowering meat consumption some more, finding other ways to eat more ethically (I have recently switched to exclusively eating free range eggs for example), cooking more from scratch and lowering my dependence on cans and pre-mixed spices and salt for tastey food. I want to add more exercises into my day. I certainly have the time since I'm home a lot but I don't have the energy or willingness sometimes.

We could add some religious goals to that if we wanted to (if you are a Muslim or any other religion and want to work on your spiritual side as well).

Does anyone have some similar little goals they want to work on? They can be quite different to, I don't mind if you don't have children and have different goals... Important thing is to want to better yourself. If you're a "Try to be vegetarian for a week" type of person, I think this can work out. I'm a little limited because of my husband (and if anything, I'm asking for a partner in this because he is nothing like me when it comes to this stuff) but I still love challenges like that.

You can message me and leave a note not to publish if you want (if you're leaving your email for example). Let's be in touch! :D

4 Comentários:

Safiyah said...

Salaam dear Candice,

I like your idea, but what I suggest is that you take one thing you want to change at a time, so that it's easier to keep things up ;) I read an article about how habits take 21 days to develop, and the author suggested to take one good habit you want to achieve, and do it for 21 days, without exception. I think that's very manageable, if you keep in mind the benefits you'll achieve. Take care!x

Tryer said...

I'm in...!

It has been a struggle for me to get things going. My resolutions don't seem to be lasting for more than two weeks! I need to break the cycle... and I'm ready for change, little at a time... how about starting with a slow and nice wudhu for salah?

ummufatihah said...

Assalamualaikum,

This sound interesting. I've thought of the same thing lately.

What I did was, I set one goal at a time. And strive to achieve it with the dua that it would be easier with our Creator blessing.

Once achieved, then I go to next goal and at the same time striving to maintain the first one.

I dont know about others, I read Sura Yaseen every time I feel helpless. It works, Alhamdulillah.

Just for record, I am late riser and tend to miss my Fajr prayer. I made goal to perform Fajr Prayer on time and alhamdulillah so far so good.

Take care. And working in team would help us to be more disciplined in achieving our goal, InsyaAllah.. :)

Candice said...

Thanks you guys

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO