Friday, April 13, 2012

MPV Principle TEN

Principle 10

Diversity: We embrace religious pluralism and the diversity of inspirations that motivate people to embrace social justice. We believe that one's religion is not the exclusive source of truth. As such, we will engage with a diversity of philosophical and spiritual traditions in pursuit of a more just, peaceful and sustainable world.


Commentary: This sounds a little bit like the UU philosophy which I of course love. I have been putting more and more emphasis on being more open-minded and I really think there can be no limit to it. I think that even a person who disagrees with the second sentence of this principle can be open to letting others believe what they want to believe and be fully open to them. Even traditional Islam shows us that there is truth in other religions. Particularly Judaism and Christianity, but it's not hard to notice similarities in the values of Islam and even other non-recognized (if I may call them that) religions like Buddhism. If we notice that, we cannot deny that there is truth there.

2 Comentários:

Safiyah said...

I really like these principles =) InshaAllah more and more people will follow then so we can work towards a peaceful future without hate or intolerance!

Candice said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I definitely think that if everyone believed in these ten principles, we'd all live in peace together.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO