Thursday, January 12, 2012

Developing some sort of anxiety

This sucks.


For about a week I've been feeling anxious, nervous... the butterfly feeling like there's a big exam coming, but more annoying because I don't know why I feel like this - there is no big exam coming.

I've figured out it's likely because of having to work at the store. I have the baby with me so my time there is spent just trying to make him OK while staying ready to serve the few clients that come in. I get tense when he starts to seem hungry because I will have to breastfeed him and a client might come in... I look outside about 20 times per minute.

Everything here is messy and I don't even know what we have in stock and how much it should sell for. I have to take a message or tell them to come back later which is stupid because if we happened to have what they were looking for, it'd be more professional to not make them wait. He is not even keeping me up to date on computers that are being fixed or are fixed most of the time so if those clients come back I look like a real idiot. He forgets to print off their invoice for me to be able to charge it, or doesn't put a note on unfinished computers for me to know what to tell the clients if they happen to call or show up.

Yeah, the store is definitely it! With the weird hours too, I'm not getting anything done around the house on those days even if I only work 4h and this is making me really upset. Everything was going so great before I started having to come here... Now I spend my whole week dreading the measly 12h I will have to work so much that I'm having a hard time keeping up to date with house stuff and errands, I'm losing my appetite, and for the first time today I was just not at all in the mood to even play with my baby. It felt unnatural and weird to sing and laugh like I normally do (and normally love).

My husband better fix the store at least... but it won't solve everything. I'll see how things go in the next couple weeks but if I feel like this constantly, I will have to find a way to remove myself from this place.

9 Comentários:

Susanne said...

I forgot, but why are you having to work at the store at all? I think you have quite enough to do. And, yes, he needs to be more organized with supplying prices and invoices and such. Most people wont' take but so much bad service before they go to another company. Sorry for your struggle with the store! I hate when I dread things like that. I am that way about certain things also.

Amalia said...

I'm sorry that sounds so stressful! I hope that it gets sorted too because like Suzanne said people might not like having to wait and will go elsewhere.

LK said...

You need to hire a sales associate/ office manager. That will solve the problem. Even if the person was part time it would probably help.

Maryam said...

It seems that youbeing there to keep the store open doesn't provide any service to the clients.So why not keep the store opened shorter hours when your husband can be present?

Candice said...

I have to work here because my husband still has his other job (full time, 12h night shifts). He can't get up in the morning to come here when he has worked all night so I keep the store until 3pm.

We already open late compared to any other place so opening later is not an option and I understand his point that hiring someone to do my hours would start to defeat the purpose of him working his ass off almost 24/7.

LK: It's really a small store with not much business yet so there is no money for that and there *is* time for him to be organizing things. He just sucks like crazy at it!

LK said...

LOL ok so it has to do with organization. Still, maybe you have a friend or a friend's kid who could come in and help? Even if its to organize. high school kids usually come pretty cheap LOL

Candice said...

Yep! A high school student is exactly what we need! Right now we have a 22 year old on employment insurance working a few hours under the table but he just found a job... He was doing the mopping, dusting and some organizing too but it's like my husband doesn't even have enough time (or doesn't figure out how to) to show him the other stuff that needs to be done.
I'm contacting a girl I knew - she was a few years younger than me so she's probably in college and I know she's working a minimum salary job now so she might be interested. And if it's her, I will be the one to show her what needs to be done which might help!

Becky said...

I'm sorry to hear it's so difficult right now, I hope things are starting to get better, because this is not a good situation for you to be in, long-term.

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

i hope it turns out well for your family....

I think you should give him an ultimatum.... 'get the stuff at the store organized or i quit workin'... then let him just close down the shop for those 12 hours...

i know u'll be worried bout causin him more stress... but just imagine how much more of stress you'd be saving him (and urself from)...

a little bit of aggressiveness is important at times...

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO