Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Meme

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Nothing I can really think of... Feels like I just did a lot of things I had done before but some of them I did differently and better.

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't really make any.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my cousin (who I consider one of my best friends) did. And this isn't someone close to me, but I did too!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Ooh, we drove to the USA on Tuesday! I had not been to the US since a trip to NYC in high school!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
I had a really good year so nothing pops to mind easily. I suppose I would like to make a new friend, one with kids. I love my friends to death but I have very few close friends and only my cousin who has children.

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 1st. My son was born.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving birth to my baby boy and making significant improvements on being patient as a parent. Came at a good time!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing catastrophic, but I had more "failure" days as a wife than I'd ideally want. It's a role I find challenging.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My favourite thing I bought myself is my la-z-boy. OMG I love that chair. It's MINE! I actually feel possessive about this chair. Don't want others sitting on it. Yeah, I know it's crazy.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Celebration is a strong word. My husband really made amazing progress with the way he deals with me this year and he deserves a lil something for that.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Egyptian military.

14. Where did most of your money go?
We are taxed and taxed and taxed so a huge chunk went straight to the government. Other than that probably food...

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting pregnant! And since he has been born, I can become excited over anything. Not just things like smiles and laughs, but burps and poops! I'm IN LOVE!

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2011?
Probably none will ever stick out as 2011 because I never remember years... I don't even know what year I graduated. But this year was the year of Pitbull collaborations, Bruno Mars arriving on the scene and Adele becoming a superstar.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
happier!

ii. Thinner or fatter?
fatter... I got pregnant at the beginning of the year and he's only 2 months old so it's not all lost yet

iii. richer or poorer?
richer than the beginning of 2010, poorer than the end of it since I have to pretend my husband's salary doesn't exist (he started a business and is using his salary for that)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, spending time with husband, exercising

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watching TV

20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Quebec we would normally celebrate on the 24th, but my parents were both working on the 25th so it would not have been good to stay up late... And we can't just skip the event altogether so we had a family supper with them on the 25th after they finished working. We will be having another celebration on New Years with them and my aunt and uncle and there will be gifts so it will be our "realer" Christmas.

21. How many one-night stands?
None!

22. What was your favorite TV program?
I discovered Dexter this year and watched all the seasons.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. There's one person I hated this time last year that I only strongly dislike now.

24. What was the best book you read?
Hardly read anything this year so I couldn't say.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can't think of anything. Music is not a big part of my life anymore.

26. What did you want and get?
I wanted a baby and I got one!

27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't watch that many movies and this is the type of thing that goes in one day and is gone the next - I have horrible memory for these things... But I remember loving Blue Valentine.
And Tangled was my favourite kids movie. I remember it because we watched it 4 times.

28. What did you do on your birthday?
Can't remember.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Maternity. Spent most of the year pregnant.

30. What kept you sane?
Family. Always keeps me sane.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Probably Ryan Gosling in the actors

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Egyptian revolution. I have never been so insanely hooked on the news.

33. Who did you miss?
My daughter when she was in Egypt for 4 weeks. My husband too!

34. Who was the best new person you met?
Adam (my son)

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I learned more life lessons at the end of 2010... This year was so stable and nice that I hardly learned anything! But I guess this could be valuable: Even a person with a relatively open mind can stand to be more open.

3 Comentários:

Becky said...

Thank you for sharing Candice, I loved reading more about your year :)

Susanne said...

You birthed a boy in 2011...that was new, right? :) How long does it take you to get to the US from where you live? I'm glad you like your chair so much! I enjoyed reading your answers here. :)

Candice said...

Susanne: True that I've never birthed a boy before! I saw it as something I did before (had a baby) but differently (the fact that it was a boy).

It's about 40 minutes to the closest border. It was maybe 1.5 hours to get to Burlington or Williston in Vermont. Would have been I should say because we spent time at the border waiting...

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO