Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Picture Day!

I had a nice morning. It's picture day at both Nora's school AND daycare today!


School is a 3h pre-school program twice a week at her future school that I found important for her to attend. Since she doesn't speak English much and will be going to English school full time starting next year, I felt strongly that she should attend this program as preparation. Even if it's not too convenient to have to bring her there and get her 3h later to bring her to daycare. It splits up her day a bit weird and interrupts her daycare group a little since they are often in the middle of an activity by the time she arrives... but it has to be done!

Today with it being picture day at both places, I stayed at school until pictures were done to bring her right to daycare so she wouldn't miss those pictures. We chose 2 different outfits (one my choice, one her choice) and I did her hair. I SUCK AT HAIR! Especially curly hair since mine is very straight...

I tied her hair in a bun on the side top of her head, had one loose strand of hair that I did with the curling iron to make it bouncy and added a big butterfly hair accessory. She was adorable! It was starting to be a bit messy by the time she got to daycare but oh well!

I'm still glad to be off on maternity leave. I'm alone at home now and about to go take a nap! YAY :P

I'll try to do as much as I can around the house afterwards but with eating lunch and a doctor's appointment this afternoon, I might not do much more than dishes, cleaning the guinea pig cage and vacuuming.

See you soon!

2 Comentários:

wantowearhijab said...

as salamu alaikom,
What is her first language? I can't remember- do u speak french? Does she speak arabic at all?

Candice said...

Yes it's French! She doesn't really speak Arabic yet. Not sure when my husband plans on starting on that but there's not much I can do. She will go to Saturday school though at 5 or 6 years old and will probably pick up a bit of the language there if anything.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO