Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I want an owl mei tai!



I have fallen in love with this print, and with the idea of a mei tai carrier this time around.


With Nora, I tried the wrap and just found it too difficult and time consuming to make it worth putting on. I prefered to just carry her in my arms a lot or push her in the stroller for longer walks (she loved the stroller - looking up at trees and anything we passed by, was very curious). I also tried a ring sling which was uncomfortable for me and a pouch sling that I couldn't seem to get her to fit in right. I'm convinced a two-shoulder carrier is the way to go for my comfort, and that the mei tai style could be a winner (considering my past experiences).


With our budget (because of the store), I am waiting until I need the mei tai before buying. I don't think I would be using it the first weeks anyway. Has anyone used a mei tai? What did you think? Would you recommend it?

2 Comentários:

Becky said...

Love it! My friend had a Baby Bjorn and loved it (I used it to carry her daughter a couple of times as well, and it was really good). When I have a kid one day I'll definitely be getting some kind of baby carrier sling thing.

Nikki said...

My friend sews her own (she's extremely talented) and I know she LOVES it. She's used other carriers before (also homemade) and she says this is much more versatile and better for the back.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO