Monday, August 1, 2011

Middle name

My daughter has a middle name and my son will have a middle name. It's not an Egyptian custom or an Islamic tradition, but it's a tradition here that we are keeping. My daughter is Nora Claire. Claire is my mom's name and it means "clear". With "nor" meaning "light", you can't get very much brighter than that, right?



For our son's middle name, my husband absolutely wants to use Muhammad. I am really not on board for that one... But I decided to be on-board for a more Islamic name with a great meaning if that's what he wants. My husband loves Nora's given name but the middle name was my choice and it honors my side of the family so I agree that it's his turn on this one. The next option is Abdullah. And I like it. It has a strong meaning which I value in a name.



What are some other names with very strong meanings for a boy? What are your favourite "abd" names?

4 Comentários:

The Odd Muslimah said...

Abdurrahman (Slave of the merciful), Abdulawwal (slave of the first), Abdulakhir (slave of the last).

Strong names for me emanate from the personalities of the Sahabah eg. Umar ibn Khattab (RA), Khalid ibn Waleed (RA), Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA) and Al-Bara ibn Malik (RA).

I love the name Humza. I've always wanted a Humza <3

quran said...

I love many names like Abdul, Mohd, Ahad. every name that i do learn while Quran learning becomes my favorite.

Fahad said...

I like a name 'humair' .. It is also a name of companion :)

Candice said...

Thanks for the suggestions

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO