Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Eid to all

May you all have a blessed Eid marking the beginning of a new month, and may we insha'Allah be able to keep fresh what we learned during this Ramadan!

Here is a link to an article that really inspired me. It's about the last 10 days of Ramadan but is easily applied to any time of the year.

How Does One Soften Their Heart?

I will share an excerpt:

Sit and think of every blessing He has given you- the Qur’an, eyesight, clean water, literacy- the blessings are uncountable, as Allah (swt) tells us in Surah Ibrahim (14:34). Let us show gratitude, for when we are grateful, Allah (swt) increases us, “And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, ‘If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe.’ (Qur’an, 14:7).

Let us sit, contemplate blessing after blessing, and continually move our lips in gratitude to Allah (swt), saying, “AlhamdulilLah (praise be to God),” asking Him to write us amongst those who are grateful to Him, asking Him to soften our hearts and allow us to be moved by gratitude for His Favors.


Before I sleep, as I lie in bed, I've started a habit of making dua and I decided to incorporate this into my little routine. I thought of one thing I was thankful for, said "al7amdulilah", thought of another, "al7amdulilah" and another, "al7amdulilah" and I was unable to stop - truly the blessings are uncountable.

4 Comentários:

Becky said...

Eid Mubarak to you and your family :)

pinkgingerale said...

Alhumdulillah :) Eid Mubarak and thanks for posting.

truth said...

Assalamu Alaikum and Eid Mubarak.
Just clicking link on your page, came to know Suhaib Webb is a convert American.

Visited his you tube channel through his blog, found his command in Arabic language is amazing.
His khutba is also very inspiring.

http://www.youtube.com/suhaibdwebb

jana z. said...

eid mubarak friend!!!!!! just think, next year youll have even more reason to celebrate and hang decorations!! a new addition to the family!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO