Saturday, June 25, 2011

Putting an animal up for adoption

I have a guinea pig I want to get rid of. My cousin had it and gave it to us because she was tired of it... I took it as an experience for Nora but with the lack of passion for this annoying animal, we want to find it another home.

I'm thinking of putting it on kijiji but I'm wondering if I should put a low price on it to at least filter out weirdos that only want it cause it's free (and probably not charging anything when we find the family) or just put it for free to get more people interested and hopefully use my judgement on whether or not they should have her...

I don't want the animal, but I want it to have a good home, you know?

5 Comentários:

Zu hu ra said...

I've found two homes for animals (a dog and a kitten) using Facebook marketplace. I gave them away for free. The advantage is that you can get a sense of who the person is before agreeing (unlike some sites where you just see their email address), and if you want you can friend each other to keep up with how the pet is doing. We still check out pictures of the dog we had to give away.

Becky said...

Awww, I love guinea pigs! Not sure what the best solution is, but maybe FB marketplace like Zu suggests might work. Best of luck with it!

Amber said...

I've never tried to give an animal away using the internet, but I like Zuhura's FB suggestion. It seems like a good idea.

Candice said...

I tried Marketplace but seems people in the area here just don't use that. We have lespac.com and kijiji as popular sites that might work and I think I will put her for 15$ to weed out people who want free stuff.

I tried my status on Facebook with no luck.

Nikki said...

I gave away a guinea pig using facebook marketplace. I also had him listed on craigslist but received a response on facebook first (although I have sold a used cell phone and printer with craigslist). I listed him as free because after offering him to family and friends for free no one wanted him. :( I needed him out before the move and was in a bit of a hurry... Now I wish I would have listed a "re-homing fee" (that's what they generally call it) of at least $15. The guy seemed nice on e-mail through all of our correspondences, but my husband took them the guinea pig by himself and said they looked very poor (which is fine so long as they can feed him) and didn't even say thank you. I was upset after hearing that, and then my sister's in-laws were interested like the next day.... grr. I still wonder sometimes how he's doing. I'd feel so bad if I found out he was neglected and/or abused.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO