Thursday, June 16, 2011

My daughter is gone to Egypt

And I am feeling so freakin' down.

The flights went well despite the Air Canada strike and they arrived to Egypt as scheduled. I spoke to Nora and at first she sounded just fine with her grand-mother there and Ahmed's friend (who came to Canada recently) but then a second later she was saying she wanted to be at home with maman (me)... but then with telling her it was going to be fun and I would see her soon, she said a pretty normal "bye".

Just the part about her wanting to be with me put this feeling of despair inside myself that I can't get rid of. Because I know that even if she ends up wanting to come home every day, she won't be home until July 10th and there's no way to come back faster or earlier.

Ahmed called me another time after this short call and I heard her singing in the background and she sounded fine, but it's not physically setting in and physically I still feel simply ill and like there's something wrong with me. I guess I am not complete without my child with me - I know where she belongs.

6 Comentários:

jana z. said...

aww hugs candice. i know how you feel. she will be home soon inshallah and you can hug and smooch her all you want!!!

Candice said...

Thanks. I really really feel like crap right now. I'm sitting here hoping he can be online so I can have a chance at seeing Nora or at least getting more news on how things went but of course it's late there at this hour and they need sleep. Tomorrow morning when I wake up should be a better time...

I have a big fat zero of motivation to do everything that needs to be done around here. You know men... The place was left a disgusting disaster for me to fix. Way he saw it was that I have 4 weeks off to work around the house! LOL, a man's perspective to see all this work (and my full time job) and call it time off!

I'll show him how a normal person with few child-rearing responsibilities acts and show him how to GET THINGS DONE. AND that I can also go out and have fun. (Maybe he can learn that he too, should be able to juggle a full time job and a few household responsibilities and have a reasonable amount of time to himself!)

jana z. said...

have you ever noticed, candice, that when we have the children its our motherly responsibility? but when the men have them, its BABYSITTING! ha!

Susanne said...

Aw, I can certainly understand why you miss her!

Candice said...

Lol Jana, it's totally that way in my home.

Susanne: Yes, she's the sweetest bestest baby (child) ever!

Becky said...

Awwww I hope it'll get better soon once you know she's there safely. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it is to be without your child for so long, but at least you know she's in safe hands.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO