Wednesday, June 29, 2011

From the Bahai website

The central theme of Bahá'u'lláh's message is that humanity is one single race and that the day has come for its unification in one global society. God, Bahá'u'lláh said, has set in motion historical forces that are breaking down traditional barriers of race, class, creed, and nation and that will, in time, give birth to a universal civilization. The principal challenge facing the peoples of the earth is to accept the fact of their oneness and to assist the processes of unification.

----

Although I'm not sure about Bahaullah himself (don't know much about him or the religion really), the message contained in this paragraph really does ring true to me. Unification and oneness of humanity are things that have come up recently for me as being of the utmost importance in today's society so I really can appreciate this message.

What do you think?

5 Comentários:

Sarah said...

It's a nice idea, but the fact that it basically boils down to wanting everyone to be Baha'i puts me off. They are very evangelistic, I find.

Candice said...

They do seem to see their religion as the true religion "for now" or "until the next one" in the same style as the Abrahamic religions but I find them a lot more open-minded. I've known some Bahais and unlike Christians and Muslims they don't push it at all and they just believe and let others be. At least it was my experience with the ones I have known.

Becky said...

Very interesting thoughts and beliefs, I've never met any Bahai's myself...

Rukhpar Mor said...

I always thought Bahaullah was Muslim before he started his own religion..not sure though..

Candice said...

Rukhpar Mor: I think you're right.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO