Friday, May 13, 2011

Enjoying teen books - House of Night series

I must have written sometime ago about how I really enjoyed the Twilight series? Cool blogger Amber gave me the first book and I actually went out and bought the next 3 :) A girl at work is reading another teen vampire series called House of Night and I am totally enjoying it too! For completely different reasons than Twilight though. In Twilight, I liked the love story most of all - I had separated myself from all that stuff with marriage and having a child (all those responsabilities!) and it was my first time in a long while to be all "into" love. With this series, the love story is not very interesting for me, but I am really liking the elements storyline (air, fire, water, earth) and their vampyre spirituality with the Goddess of night.

I feel like a teen again. :) Isn't it nice to read a book that is so easy to ready it practically reads itself? I can't seem to finish books lately... I'm just too tired and can't concentrate well so these are just perfect for a person like me.

Who else is reading them/has read them?

8 Comentários:

Candice said...

I also really love the tattoos thing... Adult vamps in this series have a series of tattoos that represent them and their talents, given to them by the Goddess. It's cool. I want a tat. lol

UmmSqueakster said...

Have I recommended the Hunger Games series to you? Must read YA fiction. And now that a movie is scheduled to come out next year, it's even more of a must read - must read before the movie ruins it! Ha.

Candice said...

No, I never heard of this series! I will definitely try to check it out after I'm done with House of Night.

Stephanie said...

Never really got into the Twilight series but I love YA fiction. I'm not sure why but I've never gotten into Vampire lit much, well except for the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles but that's old school now I guess. Two YA authors I recommend are Elizabeth George Spear and Sally Gardner.

Jess said...

AH! YES HUNGER GAMES! Read them! I love YA, too. I've been reading tons of it recently. Have you heard of the movie, "City of Ember?" There's a book series. It's very simple, easy, but entertaining - mostly about the consequences of our society today and how people work to save humanity from destruction, but not so depressing as it soudns!

pinkgingerale said...

I LOVE HARRY POTTER :D

Hajar said...

Haven't read teen books in ages! These days I'm occupied with reading children books. I just adore the gorgeous illustrations & bright colors! Aaahhhh~ childhood! Fond memories!

lala said...

2nd the hunger games... Also, the vampire diaries by l.j. Smith are wonderful. Much better than the silly tv series for sure. I agree adult fiction books can be so relaxing! There's also a young author named Amy or something I believe writing great fiction novellas... Wish I could remember her name to give a rec but I believe she writes "shattered mirror," and "demon in my view."

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO