Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Attending a wedding - here is my dress!



This dress does not fit Islamic dress guidelines or practically any of my regular day-to-day guidelines, but I just love it! :) I feel all pretty in it and it hides my pregnant tummy in its looks-like-I-gained-weight phase. It actually goes a bit longer on me than this model. I'm 5'9 but she must be at least 6 feet because the under layer is just above my knee and the over layer goes over my knee a bit.


It's so far away from what I would normally wear but it will be fun to be all dressed up fancy and nice for the day.

11 Comentários:

.::Tuttie::. said...

thas is one BEAUTIFUL dress, mashaAllah. I have always had a thing for them. Where did you get it?

Banana Anne said...

That is really pretty, Masha'Allah! If you ever have any desire to wear it some other time in a more "Islamic" way, just wear some dressy slacks on underneath and pair it with a pretty cardigan, and you're good to go; it'll look classy and gorgeous (don't wear it with jeans, though; that'll ruin the elegance factor!)

Candice said...

Tuttie: I got it at Sears! Obviously, on special, like EVERYTHING is there, lol. I swear, I've never gotten anything not on special from this store.

Anne: Thanks, that might be an option. I have a hard time imagining it with pants underneath, but for an Islamic type event it would be a good idea. And they'd definitely know why I'm wearing it unconventionally!

Banana Anne said...

Forgot to mention, I LOVE the neckline on that.

Amalia said...

Very pretty!

Susanne said...

Love it! I'm sure you will look elegant in it!

Becky said...

It's very beautiful, and I'm sure you'll look stunning in it, MashAllah.

Also, I agree with Anne and the neckline is gorgeous!

Candice said...

Thanks you guys!

ʝusᴛ❤ʝᴇss said...

Beautiful Mashallah! :D

When I reverted and decided to dress neck down I thought I'd have to rid all of my cute dresses but turns out they make gorgeous tops now :DD hehe.

Hajar said...

Love the material. Would make a brilliant top!

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO