Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dance instead of walking

I really wish I didn't care at all what people thought but it's just not the reality. I'm not the most conscientious but at the same time, I definitely let others affect what I do and how I do it. Why else don't I wear hijab in my city? Why else do I not say things I want to say sometimes? Why else do I follow the norm and walk instead of dance toward my destinations?


I would love to just be eccentric but the attention would make me uncomfortable. So I keep it to a bear minimum with my mismatched socks and Santa earmuffs. Enough that I feel content, but not free as I wish I could be. I guess this is a middle ground, and in a way exactly what we are supposed to do. But... ah, the possibilities if I could allow myself to just BE without a thought in the world. And... oh, the horror of what some people could do if they didn't give a thought. It's better this way, I guess.

But I still think most people need to take a small step away from "what people will think".

2 Comentários:

LuLu said...

Nice post. thank you!!

Candice said...

Well, I got on one of these (see link below) at Indigo today and I looked ridiculous I'm sure. But it's so much fun!

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/toys/PlasmaCar-Blue/185970000301-item.html?ikwsec=Toys

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO