Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Impressions of Ramadan from a Local TV Show

I was watching a show where 5 contestants each day of the week make food for the others to be judged on and the winner gets I-donno-what. A contestant this week was a Morocan and in the commentary, the announcer kept mentionning Ramadan because the man would not drink alcohol and didn't like eating food that contained alcohol (but he did taste it, at least to be able to give the person a critic). I might not have listened well enough but I got the impression it was filmed during Ramadan and it was light out during the meals!


It just made me think that a person watching this would think that Ramadan means not drinking alcohol because they never talked about fasting in the episodes I saw. It was always mentioned when he refused a drink or took a bite of a meal prepared with alcohol.

Anyway, I have no idea why they didn't just say he's Muslim so he doesn't drink alcohol and leave it at that! Why talk about the month of fasting when the guy isn't fasting?

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO