Saturday, November 27, 2010

HELP - looking for two items online

If anyone knows where I can get powdered black kohl powder, PLEASE tell me! I bought some from Arabian Threads a while back for me and my friend and she gave it to an aunt over the summer and would like to have some more... But Arabian Threads is not selling any right now.


I found some brown one on alhannah.com but brown really doesn't give the same look and the lipstick style is not really what I'm looking for.

And the second item I'm looking for is super-wide pants that look like they're a skirt like this:

They are so awesome! I really really want them, but with all the negative reviews on how long it takes to get them and how poor the communication is with this store (lies about when things were sent out, etc.) I don't want to deal with them. Anyone know where I could get something similar?

7 Comentários:

Jess said...

I haven't used this shop, but I love their designs:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/idea2lifestyle?section_id=5694662

camilia said...

I use the Guerlain kohl. You can buy it from Sephora. It is the best and highest quality.

Stephanie said...

can't comment on the kohl cuz it makes me look dirty or like I have two black eyes (application technique maybe).Those pants are super cute, I might just take my risks with the store. Otherwise, for wide legged pants check out shukr. I've had good luck with them. Their "lengha" pants are really wide. Also you could do a search for palazzo pants which are typically really wide.

Stephanie said...

Also, if a vendor takes paypal and you use that method to pay, you can file a complaint if you don't get your product. I had to do that against hijabs-r-us and got all my money back when they didn't send me my order after months and multiple emails...

Candice said...

Jess: Thanks, another to choose from!!

Camilia: Not sure that's in my price=range! I love the one I got from Arabian Threads (from Saudi) and I'd like to find someone selling some from there.

Stephanie: My husband was suggesting that. I do feel pretty certain that I'd receive the pants I ordered if I went with this store, but I'm still turned off by the reviews. I saw a lot of harem pants on Etsy and might just go with that. These were much cuter and stylish though while the harem pants might work or might just not so it's a bit more risky...

Good thinking about paypal too. It really is pretty trustworthy. I've had an experience with a seller too with good results (for me).

ellen557 said...

Do you have a photo of the sort of kohl it was? I sell stuff from Saudi (www.alfirdousdesigns.com) but not kohl or anything like that but could get some sent to you if you know the kind :)

Anisah said...

http://www.shukr.ca/Pants-C42.aspx?p=1

love this store.. buy all my clothes here !! good quality and last.. I wait till there is a sale lol.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO