Monday, November 15, 2010

Eid Mubarak!

Happy Eid everyone!


I hope you are all having a wonderful Eid. It's hard as a convert with no real life ties to any Muslims except husband and daughter... I don't know how to celebrate Eid AT ALL and I find myself more excited about the Christmas decorations starting to go up around the city and in my office and planning Christmas presents for family and friends. What a happy and magical time of year it is with everyone participating. I wish everyone would convert so we could transfer this atmosphere of joy to Eid, but that's just me dreaming!

Of course, Eid can still be joy and SHOULD be joy for us all. I have absolutely nothing planned, but I will try to find at least a little something for my husband to enjoy. He must miss Egyptian celebrations after having been here for 3 years with either a non-Muslim or a Muslim who doesn't know what she's doing!

Any ideas on how to make a last-minute little something? My husband gets home at 740PM and our daughter is in bed around that time... It really limits the possibilities... Basically, since he gets home 2 hours after I do, I will have time to shop for a little gift for him and wrap it. And I will either order or cook something I know he likes! Sounds OK, right? I know it's more for him than us as a family, but we have next year for that. And I have Christmas coming up anyway so I'm not that bummed about it.

5 Comentários:

myblog said...

Assalamu alaikum,
Khair Mubarak (Eid Mubarak to you too).


http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546312

myblog said...

assalamu alaikum sister.
for muslim friendship,

visit masjids :

http://www.quran.net/masjid/masjid-canada.htm

Becky said...

I think that sounds great.

I know how you feel, I've spend all 4 Eids since I converted by myself, I don't get excited at all, and I don't know how I'm "supposed" to celebrate. InshAllah it'll get better once my love and I are married and I'll actually have someone to celebrate with!

Eid Mubarak to you and your family too.

Susanne said...

I hope you and your family have a joyful holiday!

Candice said...

YAY, I might be going to an Eid celebration Saturday! I'd get to meet my dear online friend Anisah!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO