Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Buddhism

I read a pamphlet-like book yesterday on the basics in Buddhism and it was just amazing! The Eightfold Path is what really made sense to me in the way I see Islam. The author of this pamphlet said that Buddhism wasn't so much a religion unto itself than a spiritual supplement and although I know that's probably not the dominating opinion, it makes a lot of sense. Buddhism doesn't address every question, it only tells a person how to be better. There might be a few details that contradict Islam, but I don't think anyone could argue that applying the Eightfold Path will make a person better. Even a better MUSLIM. Click on the link to read a bit more about it; it's pretty brief, but still complete.

I don't know that much about Buddism and their other beliefs that might contradict with Islam, but what I read yesterday (The Eightfold Path) just spoke to me loudly. This is submission/peace.

3 Comentários:

LK said...

I studied Buddhism as the suppliment and not religion. It works rather well with pretty much anything

Muscat Mitchells said...

I too follow the Buddhist path...since living in the Middle East I have become really interested in Islam and through what I have read, the commonalities were a lovely discovery!
Glad you appreciated what you read too...

Candice said...

I think a person can only get closer to God by following the Buddhist way.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO