Sunday, October 24, 2010

Meddling...

My best friend keeps getting hurt over and over. It never crossed my mind to meddle and contact the guy who has been making her feel that way myself, but I was there yesterday when he called her and was able to see that he doesn't know what it does to her when he calls and was able to see that she is completely unable to just end the whatever-it-is they have (which is supposed to be nothing). So for the first time since this started 4 years ago, I am considering sending him a message... I think it could help him to know how to avoid hurting her because I don't get the impression he does it on purpose... He just doesn't seem to know what it does.


They have been friends and friends with benefits for 4 years on and off and she is completely in love with him. He doesn't share those feelings and every time he gets a girlfriend he puts her on the side and she gets heartbroken and eventually there is a breakup and they become friends again. I have seen efforts from him trying to stay away from her so I think he knows what it does to her... Which is why I think my advice has good chances of being taken. If I contact him, I plan on telling him I don't know much about the situation and wouldn't normally meddle, but the little but that I know and saw made me want to send him a quick message...

Does it sound like meddling in this case might be a good idea?

3 Comentários:

Technodoll said...

Totally. I have done this before and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't, but when your loyalty is to your friend and not to the person she's involved with (and hurting her...) you know what you have to do. That's part of being a good friend. :)

Becky said...

I agree, I generally try to avoid meddling, but sometimes it is necessary. I have in the past had a quiet word with a girlfriend's or sister's bf when I deemed it necessary. Like Technodoll said, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't, but at least you know you've tried. As long as it's done respectfully, with the best intentions I don't think it's wrong.

Candice said...

Thanks.. I will think of what I should say exactly but I think I will have to meddle...

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO