Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Me and My Husband

OK. I have not been posting because of everything that has been happening and some might have guessed that it was things happening between me and my husband. I don't like to put *too* much personal things out there so I simply didn't but now that things are getting better, I wanted to make a small post about it. And hopefully it will unblock me back into the world of blogging because I sure have missed it.

After a few really hard weeks, we made the decision to start over. Not to erase the issues we had with each other (because they are bound to resurface, I know myself), but to go over everything that didn't work and over everything that did work, and renew our efforts.

Alhamdulilah, my husband has really invested himself 100%. He started working near the beginning of this, started praying more, dropped ALL of his games, started doing more around the house, being careful of things he said, making efforts to not get angry even if I was, etc. It was a 360.

My progress has been more gradual. That's me: gradual. I was the one initiating the "break-up" so I guess it's normal that I didn't jump through hoops from the first day to keep us together, but I am gradually being better and importantly: *wanting* to be better.

8 Comentários:

UmmSqueakster said...

Mabrook! While you're on a role, see if you can convince him to read this book with you - Blissful Marriage : A Practical Islamic Guide - perhaps if you frame it as a group activity that you both can learn from, he'll be more receptive to it's advice (knowing how stubborn egyptian men can be).

Zuhura said...

That's great, Candice! I'm struggling in my marriage, too. I wish you the best.

Mona Z said...

That's good to hear. It's a very good way of approaching marriage problems.

Nikki said...

I'm so happy for the two of you! I'm convinced that my marriage could improve greatly if only my husband would stop playing that stupid PS3. Seriously, how long can you possibly play Call of Duty before realizing you have a wife and child who both need your attention?

Gah. Other than that wretched game, well, there are problems, but they pale in comparison.

Susanne said...

I'm happy for you, Candice! Nice to see you blogging again, too. :)

cairolusakaamsterdam said...

I hope things work out sweetie!

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Marriage is definitely not easy! That said, a little extra effort from both parties goes a long way. Definitely look into some books and suggestions from other couples that have been married for a long time.

Aynur said...

Yaaay, very very happy for you!!!! :) :) :) :)

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO