Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Truth Is One

"The Muslim position is clear. The Muslim does not claim to have a religion peculiar to himself. Islam is not a sect or an ethnic religion. In its view all Religion is one, for the Truth is one. It was the religion preached by all the earlier prophets. It was the truth taught by all the inspired Books. In essence it amounts to a consciousness of the Will and Plan of Allah and a joyful submission to that Will and Plan. If anyone wants a religion other than that, he is false to his own nature, as he is false to Allah's Will and Plan. Such a one cannot expect guidance, for he has deliberately renounced guidance." Abdullah Yusuf Ali in commentary of (3:85)


If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).
- Qur'an 3:85

Don't you all feel amazing about this commentary? Does this not sound like the real Islam, the one that includes anyone who submits to the will and plan of Allah, allowing for the guidance to come from anywhere Allah wills? The Islam that is part of our nature and not cultural. Not a sect or an ethnic religion! How far some Muslims have gone from this understanding of Islam! It's unbelievable!

4 Comentários:

pray2oneGod said...

Assalamu alaikum sister

that is great and really inspiring.

may Allah reward and bless you ...

Wassalam.

abupokemon said...

If only we acted like this.

Banana Anne said...

Off-topic, but I tagged you in my blog at http://thisisnotclever.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-fun-and-update.html

Poetik Beauty said...

Loove your blog...please follow mine as I make my journey to decide upon Christianity or al-Islam... Im truly torn beccause my family is Christian but my heart and soul are pulling me to be what I am in my heart...A Muslimah. I got some strength from your blog today so follow me please...peace and blessings

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO