Thursday, August 5, 2010

Support during Ramadan...

I joined a great little group on Facebook called iRamadan. Look it up and get yourself invited if you want extra support during Ramadan!

I have been making goals for myself for this Ramadan that are pretty attainable, although hard still for a person like me, and I felt pretty good about it. I will be on vacation during the first 12 days of Ramadan which I figured would make things much easier since my co-workers are people who wouldn't know I'm fasting and it's always hard to get invited to lunch and invent excuses. I don't want to lie or anything! And being on vacation, I can better focus on Islamic things during the day, have energy to go to Taraweeh because of not having to wake up early, all that stuff.

But now as my vacation approaches, I realized that I will have a lot of difficulty doing most activities I planned like going to the zoo, going to my uncle's for a weekend, going to the water slides, meeting up with some friends I don't see often enough, painting my whole apartment, organizing things around the house, etc. It has put me on a tiny little Ramadan depression sort of. I have been looking forward to being on vacation so I can do all these things without being tired from work, but I will probably be even more tired from fasting.

Point of this post: I need support. LOTS of it... More than just the iRamadan group on Facebook (even though I think it's really wonderful). Does anyone have any suggestions? Would anyone who I have met online through blogging want to perhaps exchange phone numbers and help through text message support? I'd love to help as well of course if I'm able.

I'm sorry for my weakness... Anyone with ideas, please post of email me through my profile! I don't want to fail before Ramadan even starts.

8 Comentários:

myblog said...

assalamu alaikum.
The following link is about a great TV channel for Muslims.
Just click on peace TV, you will have many interesting programs for many occasions.
dr zakir Hussein’s question answer forum is a pleasure to watch.
His debates, question and answers were/are very interesting and food for thoughts about Ramadan and Islam.
I am sure, this TV programmers are very useful for the one who wants to learn more about the deen.

http://www.peacetv.tv/watch-live.html

NeverEver said...

oooo oooo meee meee!!! I'm so in... I'm a text messaging fiend :-)

inshaAllah will e-mail you in a jiffy

Elisa said...

As salamu alaykum!!!

I have been reading your blog for some time now (I'm a certified blog stalker hahaha) and I just want to say that I think you're such a strong and brave woman! May Allah bless you in this life and the next (Ameen). I will pray you have an amazing Ramadan and that Allah will keep you strong through all your endeavors!!
XoXo

Rukhpar Mor said...

Oh no, you won't fail! InshAllah we will get through this. I have an email address on my blogger profile. You should definitely email me and I can certainly try to be a good Muslim sister...we could either exchange email correspondence or the phone numbers (whichever you prefer since I only know you for a very short time on the blogosphere)..

and about the Ramadan depression, I get that too every year..It's mostly anxiety about the fact that I won't be able to accomplish much...but Alhumdolillah it works out okay in the end=)

Sarah said...

:) Hello! I am new to your blog, but have been eagerly reading all your posts as fast as I can. Truly, I am amazed by you and so intrigued by your courage in creating this blog and discussing all the things so many of us have wanted to say. I have a very "bumpy" story, one that I am still unable to share publicly. You bring me much encouragement. I would love to speak privately with you if you would be willing. I haven't been able to speak of my story for so long, but I believe that it may be one you could relate to. Perhaps via email? Maybe our sharing of stories/wisdom bring you some of the encouragement you are looking for during Ramadan. If not, thank you for writing!

Aalya said...

I have been having a bit of Ramadan anxiety myself...and depression...I know you shouldn't feel like that because Ramadan is a time of peace and reflection. First time that I will be fasting while having a 6month old child and the day is very long. I would love to exchange emails during this time...to keep motivated!! Inshallah we will all keep up and get great blessings from it.

Candice said...

NeverEver! Thanks so much! I've been too busy with working overtime before my vacation to answer, but I got your message! Will reply!

Elisa: Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment.

Rukhpar Mor: It seems from my comments that it's something that happens to not just me, this "Ramadan depression". I guess we all want to do great and feel scared we will fall short of our own goals.

Sarah: I would love it if you contacted me! My email is in my profile. I will contact you if your email is in your profile. Thank you for commenting!

Aalya: Sounds like we would do good supporting each other! Let's message each other for sure! :)

Banana Anne said...

Insha'Allah I would love to help and support you. I think it could be a two-way street, too, since I've been dealing with some not-so-easy stuff lately, too. Masha'Allah, I love Islamic sisterhood!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO