Thursday, August 12, 2010

It all worked out (I think)

How strange that Ramadan started a day later than I thought it would, and that the blood drive was a couple days earlier than I thought it was! Yesterday was the first day of the blood drive and I was not fasting so I was able to go without worries. It went super well and I didn't feel any differently than normal (not weaker or anything) when I got out of there yesterday evening. I'd given blood before and ended up feeling OK but a bit weakened but not at all this time! It really seems like it all worked out as it was supposed to!


Now only thing is that this morning, it's not even 10am on my first day of fasting and I already feel like if I stay up too long I will pass out! Don't know if it has anything to do with giving blood yesterday because I seriously felt great the whole rest of the evening. I will take a nap and see because I slept terrible last night and it might also just be that! Better rest and *then* do everything around the house that I need to. I'm lucky and have that luxury this week since I'm on vacation and I was able to bring my daughter to daycare today. Better for me to take advantage of that or I will not last a full day of fasting.

6 Comentários:

Becky said...

I'm so happy it worked out for you! InshaAllah you'll feel better after resting.
This is my second day of fasting, and I'm really not feeling well either :(

Aalya said...

Great about the blood drive!! Taking a nap is probably a good idea, it may help with the feeling of tiredness. I find keeping myself busy with things is a good way to distract myself from how long the day is.

Technodoll said...

Are you allowed beverages other than water during fasting?

I know it's an important religious thing but it's NOT good for health, you can get low blood sugar and fall into a diabetic coma or faint even if you don't have any problems normally.

Just be careful, you! ;-)

Cool said...

assalamu alaikum sisters,
dont worry about fasting,because more than half of the 1.2 billion muslims are with you doing the same.
jazakallah khairan.

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Ramadan Kareem!
Hope fasting is better now :) First few days are always hard...

Susanne said...

Glad it worked out for you to give blood!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO