Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ayah of the Week - 3

"And those who believe and do righteous deeds, they are dwellers of paradise, they will dwell therin forever." (2:82)

What do you get from this?

This ayah reminds me of how balanced Islam is. It's not only about belief in Allah, but also about showing this belief through action. Belief and deeds can't go one without the other for a true Muslim, and this is shown by the amount of verses that put these two things together as the recipe for paradise (this verse being only an example of the many similar verses found in the Qur'an).

3 Comentários:

Aynur said...

I agree with your analysis. :)
And whenever I read these verses, even if I'm stressed out about something or having issues with things I read elsewhere - I'm immediately calmed. :)

Susanne said...

I don't always comment, but wanted to say that I enjoy reading your ayah of the week segment especially what you get from each verse. :)

Candice said...

Aw thanks Susanne! At first it was supposed to be a verse and a quote from a scholar or something about the verse in question. I was in a mood to stop people from thinking I like controversial ideas on my blog because, really, I don't. I just like honesty and open-mindedness. But in the end it was harder to find than I thought and writing what I personally get from it made sense. It's *me*, just like the rest of my blog is! lol

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO