Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ayah of the Week

I want to start a new segment on my blog called Ayah of the week.


Note:
1) It might not be a single ayah but a small group of ayat.
2) It might not be every week, but that will still be the name of it!

My goal will be to find an ayah that I find interesting and worth mentioning, post it, and in a short paragraph, summarize the meaning. This is not supposed to be a segment that is at all controversial because I want it to be a positive experience for me as well as the strong majority of my readers. So far I plan on reading the tafsir (that I will summarize) on http://www.tafsir.com.

Does this sound like a good place to read from and get explanations from?

4 Comentários:

Banana Anne said...

Yes, it sounds great! I have something similar with hadiths, but I haven't really done much with it. I should start up again, Insha'Allah.

Umm Omar said...

Looking forward to it!

Aynur said...

Sounds great. :)

Candice said...

Anne: Yes, do it! :) It's always good to learn a little something. I think hadiths would be easier to get a quickly understood inspiration from than Qur'an because Qur'an is more about the whole and the hadiths are explanation.

I started on mine and I am finding less detailed descriptions of the verses than I thought. I guess if there was a page-worth per ayah, it would be majorly long... But I will continue this way. It might just be a tiny paragraph I write along with the ayah!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO