Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ayah of the Week - 2

"Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clearly from error; whoever rejects evil and has faith in God has grasped the most trustworthy, unfailing handhold. And God hears and knows all things. God is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light." (Qur'an, 2:256-257)



What do you get from this?

When I read this, I feel God's confidence (if that makes sense). He is not begging us into Islam. He is telling us what is what and letting us do what we want to do. I feel like it's less about humans not forcing other humans into a religion (although certainly, it is about this too) but more than that, it is about free will.

2 Comentários:

Zuhura said...

I love this ayah. I agree with you -- my decision to become Muslim does not benefit Allah; it benefits me. I also believe it speaks to there being no true religion, though. Anyone who rejects evil and has faith in God is a muslim (with a lowercase m) even if not a Muslim in the sense of practicing doctrinal Islam.

Candice said...

I agree with that last statement. :)

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO