Monday, July 26, 2010

4 AM coffee

Over the past 2 years of working in an office, I have really gotten addicted to coffee. It's worse than it has ever been right now! I used to take half a cup in the morning for over a year, but when it became very busy and exhausting at work, as well as home, I took up the habit of drinking a full cup in the morning and a full cup in the afternoon! It feels like I can't function 100% without my morning coffee! I am OK without the afternoon one though at this point and am making a point to keep these afternoon coffees to the minimum to prepare for Ramadan.

A cup of coffee lasts in the system and I was thinking of having a cup of coffee with my suhoor when I work that morning. Somehow doesn't sound like a very good idea though, does it? Destined for a crash if I go about it that way!

Who here has 4AM coffee during Ramadan? How did that work out?

9 Comentários:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

From my experience you only have a headache the 1st day or 2. I think you're better to stop drinking the coffee a couple days before Ramadan starts and replace it with tea. Try to not have any the day before Ramadan starts and you should be ok.
For me, having coffee at 4am would make the adjustment worse.

Candice said...

It sounded like a good idea for about 1 day until I thought about it... And considering I'll be on vacation until my return on August 23rd, I'll have plenty of time to adjust to coffeelessness and just sleep and relax. I'm exhausted everyday lately but I should be in fine form after my two weeks! I'll probably have slept more than I would normally because of Ramadan if anything!

LK said...

You can do it! No more coffee! lol

I wish you the best of luck. Its a hard habit to kick :)

LuLu said...

Last year I tried to slowly wean myself off coffee by drinking decaf 2 weeks prior to Ramadan. I found it helped a quite a bit. More of a mental trick on myself to make me feel like I was still having my morning coffee yet not. When it was time to fast I didnt have any of the nasty headaches and made it much easier.

Stephanie said...

I'm a major coffee drinker! I just love the stuff. I sometimes have coffee with suhoor but it doesn't really help. So yes, I have to suffer from the headache the first couple of days.

Aynur said...

I won't drink coffee that early in the morning, because I'd be wide awake instead of able to sleep for a few more hours. I do drink a nice large cup of tea though. ;)

Barbie Jones said...

You can lower the doze little by little by mixing half caffeinated with half decaffeinated coffee, until you end up using just decaffeinated coffee,and you'll trick your mind that it's regular coffee at breakfast.

Believe me I've been trough the mill with my struggle of caffeine drug addiction for years now,so I do understand the terrible drug problem in our nation,and before I had addiction to alcohol and cigarettes that goes with the much loved bar and club pick-up scene.

Technodoll said...

Coffee is one addictive substance... but oh such a tasty one AND it's comforting, relaxing, energizing... I don't think two cups a day is exaggeration, now if you drank two litres I'd be worried ;)

Anisah said...

Salam alaykom... yeah... my exp... is best to just have the coffee at suhoor :) UNless of course u wanna ditch the habit.. THEn quit all together.. cause it sa good time to.

It's my special little pleasure that is important for me.....

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO