Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kohl makeup

I bought some kohl/ithmid from Arabian Threads. I love it!! It was my first time trying this type of look so I can't say if kohl is much better than any other eyeliner, but it's really cool to put on from a stick dipped in powder and I really enjoy the look it gives. I think that being powder, it gives a much more smokey look without any effort or other product. I don't love the smokey look for myself, but without doing anything, just becaue of powder falling a little, I get a semi-smokey look that I would not get with a regular eyeliner.

All to say: I LOVE IT! I highly recommend this online shop. Great costomer service and great products. I really trust that her products are exactly what they say and of good quality. For a person looking for Saudi products in particular, she is the person to get them from! She's leaving Saudi soon so hurry up! :P

7 Comentários:

Candice said...

Here is the link to her blog: http://muhajabat.wordpress.com/

Barbie Jones said...

But Kohl only comes in black,it's not a good color for a lot of women.My eyes are turquoise and brandy color suits me best.What is your the color of your eyes?

Candice said...

It's a good colour for darker eyes and hair (eyelashes)... It gives a certain look that can be nice for light eyes too, I find, but might not be good for an everyday look. For people with light eyelashes, mascara would be a must but might do the trick. I think it can be nice on most people!

They have red kohl though. It's from a different mineral, but is still considered kohl... Not sure that would suit most people.

Anya said...

i got some as a gift in a traditional brass bottle from libya..i love it. I've had it for 5 years..LOL

http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

Candice said...

Nice! The little bottle really is heavy! There's a lot of make-up in there! My bottle is really not cute, but it does the job! I wish I had something more decorative. :)

Gardens of Sand said...

Be careful, most of the kohl (at least the one sold commercially in Bahrain) contains lead. To avoid that we buy ours from old ladies in villages who still know how to make it.

Candice said...

Yes, I know that lots of them do... Is there a way I could buy from you next time? The woman who I bought it from this time seemed pretty sure, without being able to guarantee, that it was lead-free, but it was based on her experience and not any tests or having seen it done.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO