Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hate work

I have been working at the same place for over 2 years and even if it's a disgusting loans business that I could never agree with, I am just an employee and I do my job. It's a nice office and I enjoy the people I work with for the most part. I have a pretty good salary, decent bonus and lunches paid on Fridays.

Lately, I feel like I'm not getting the respect I deserve at work. And there is also SO MUCH work and SO MUCH gossip that it's tiring to have all that going on and have to go home to take care of everything there. All the gossip seems to be emphasizing how immoral this company is! It's not just interest like for a mortgage or something, it's the amount of fees and interest. It's taking advantage of people who can't manage their money and putting them in more shit while becoming really rich.

I wish I could get out of this work, but I don't want to leave a job I easily tolerate (even if i get frustrated and tired, I admit that I don't dread waking up to go to work and that's something I try not to take for granted). We are a one-income family with some help from my husband's occaisional computer fixing, so I know that if he got a job like mine (income-wise), we could make it without me working. It would give me the freedom to find a job I actually feel good about. I could maybe become a foster parent with a couple kids instead of just the one I was thinking about. Anyway... I'm kinda down about work lately. I guess it's time for vacation. I'm taking 2 weeks straight this year (woohoo!) but they are in August.

11 Comentários:

Barbie Jones said...

This is making me very angry,but I will try to control my anger.The main thing is that your husband can get a good paying computer job so you can become foster parents.If you send me an e-mail,I might be able to help you.I think that that is the way to go for us to help each other and the poor and needy if we all Network together like that,but most of all we should pray for one another.

Susanne said...

Why doesn't your husband work? Is he in school? I know it's hard being the provider for the family PLUS a wife and mom. Hope things get better.

How are the chickens? :)

Candice said...

Barbie: I don't know what is making you *so* angry... The interest? The fact that my husband does not work? Either way, thanks for your concern :) I would like to email you but it's not on your profile!

Susanne: When he got here, he gave his resumé and didn't find any good work because he didn't speak French... So he did 9 months of full time courses which he finished in August 2009. I understood the lack of job before then (however frustrating it was even at the time), but now it has almost been another year and all he managed to do was work for 3 weeks before being fired and get extra addicted to WoW. Resumé sent to 0 places since learning French.

Anya said...

sounds rough. pray. god always comes through at the last min when u think u can't handle it anymroe. he has a perfect way of testing us.. inshallah u'll be fine. u sound like a great strong person mashallah!

salams



http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

DESS said...

treat work as a noble job... and you will love your work...
Have a nice day....

Candice said...

Anya: Thanks!

Dess: I don't really get your comment! Nothing "noble" about my job! But as I wrote in the post, I put the issues I have with it aside and go through my work days. It's when I think about my situation that I just feel like I hate it!

mezba said...

Got here from Achelois. Good blog!

Well at least you got a job! I am sure your husband can get a good job with a little effort - it's picking up now and as someone from the same industry I know it's quite good times now. Why do you need French for computers (unless you are in QC).

Technodoll said...

(( hugs )) Remember that it's just a job, there will be others and yes, at some point you will get a break to enjoy other aspects of life - or smack hubby in the butt until he finds a job! LOL!

ps: how are the chickies???

Candice said...

mezba: Yes, I'm in QC :P I also think he could find a job if he tried, but I guess it's easier to think up excuses and play computer games than it is to actually give out resumes and start work. I guess I'd do the same if I wasn't too concerned with adult responsibilities. His mom gave him too much.

technodoll: Yes, it's just a job. Gotta do it! I definitely leave work when it's over and concentrate on my nice little life with my daughter :) Oh, smacking the husband doesn't work. I tried :P

Omgosh, I didn't give you the update on the chickens! I will email you.

Susanne said...

I feel bad for you having to put up with a lazy husband. Doesn't he know Islamically he should be working instead of playing WoW all day? :(

Candice said...

He pretends he wants to, but just can't. But I've never seen someone want something without trying to get it.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO