Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Survey (for fun)

Took this from Banana Anne

Name: Candice

Age: 23

Location: Quebec, Canada

Background: On both sides (maternal and paternal) we have been in Quebec for a few generations so it's a big mish-mash (Irish, Swedish, French, German)

Spouse (if so, name and background): Ahmed, Egyptian

How long have you been married?: 4.5 years

Kids? Yes. Nora, almost 3 years old.

Are you a revert? Yes!

Have you been to Hajj or Umrah? No, but someday insha'Allah.

How many masaajid have you been to? 2 or 3.

Have you ever been involved with a masjid? No.

Who are some of your favorite lectures by? I don't listen to much, but I have enjoyed some by... OK, I just searched for like 15 minutes and I can't find his name. Sorry!

Who are some of your favorite recitors? Mishary Ben Rashid. I don't know any others by name.

Some of your favorite Islamic books? I mostly read articles or very short books.

Describe your most memorable Eid: Only had one Eid since I converted and it was not memorable...

When did you first start fasting? Fasted a couple days in 2007.

When did you start hijab? I haven't started.

What's your usual outift like when you go out? Jeans, a long tank top and a baggy-ish shirt on top that usually happens to be shorter than the tank. Often a scarf around my neck and over my chest.

What do you like about blogging? I love that it does everything a diary does, but is interactive. I learn so much from my commentors.

Describe your first feelings wearing hijab. I have worn hijab out, but I knew it was not permanently, so I just felt normal. A tiny bit self-concious and worried that it would slip off.

How do you pin your hijab? One end longer than the other goes around the head to be pinned in the back and usually tucked at the chin and the short end is pinned on the shoulder so a triangle covers my chest.

What was on the last prayer mat you made salah on? A blanket.

What's your ideal iftar? Anything I normally like!

What type of adhaan really gets to you? Yusuf Islam's adhan.

What's something that annoys you at Jummah: Folks that won't stop talking, and crying children.

What was the last surah you read? (not recited in salah) Can't remember. I like to flip through and read whatever I fall on.

Do you dry yourself after wudu? Yes, I don't like wetness.

Do you brush your teeth for fajr salah? Sometimes.

Whats the last Islamic thing you've been involved with? I signed up for Celebrate Mercy online event and watched it.

What was the last convention you went to? None, unfortunately.

Have you ever been part of an Islamic matrimonial site? No.

What color is the rug in the masjid you usually attend? Don't know.

Is the masjid you usually attend separated? Yes.

Have you ever stood in a minbar? No.

Have you ever washed a dead body before? No.

What's the last thing you ate in the masjid? Lamb.

Where's the strangest place you've seen a Muslim working? I haven't seen enough to find a strange one.

Have you ever posted a flier in the masjid? No.

Rate your masjid's bathroom: It's OK, I guess.

Have you ever used a bidet for istinja?: Yes, in Egypt.

What's the weirdest thing that happened to you in salah? A baby jumped on me. It was mine! :P

Isn't it annoying when the imam tells everyone to shut off their cell phones and someone's phone rings in the middle of salah? Whether or not it was mentioned, it's annoying.

What's some of the best halal food you've had (from a non Muslim country)? Lebanese food. Shawarma and all that.

What was it like when you found out skittles were haram? No reaction. Don't really care about Skittles!

What's something haram that you think most people don't know? It's not my place to be the haram police/Can't think of anything.

What's the craziest hijabi fashion you've seen? In real life, the Egyptian style. The layers and layers of hijab and tight clothing! Online, the HUGE poofs some Emiratis put in. They look like they have 2 heads.

What did you like about this survey? It's a Muslim survey!

7 Comentários:

Banana Anne said...

:D
Lebanese food=AWESOME.

Susanne said...

Ha, ha! Your last one was what I was thinking! Some of these are odd questions. :)

Umm Omar said...

Some odd questions, but glad to know more about you!

TheSphere said...

funny : )

Candice said...

Susanne: It's also the reason I *don't* like the survey. Doesn't include everyone. I didn't feel included in some of the questions myself. lol

Anisah said...

ok.. so what is a minbar??
I have no clue ! like a minaret?
and this...

bidet for istinja

koi ca?
\that's so cute the baby thing hehe masha'allah

So true about the cells !!there is such a thing as silent.. my hsuband even shuts his completely off cause it makes back feed on the speakers...
I;m gonna try to do this survey too incha'allah.. IF i ever get time !

Candice said...

The minbar is the little place up some stairs where the imam gives the speech. They have one at my local mosque (a small not-fancy one) but I don't think they use it. I guess I wouldn't know though since I can't see on the other side!!

Bidet is a water flow thing to wash your privates!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO