Thursday, January 21, 2010

The soul (train of thought continued)

My last post was short and readers of my blog know that's not me to ask a question without adding what I think (often in detail) or adding why I am asking and what made me think of this. I just haven't been feeling well at all lately so I'm often not even well enough to write a full blog post.

I was thinking about the soul... Whether or not it's created "in advance"... I was wondering if any fertilized egg (zygote) has a soul created for it, even if it will not even attach to the wall of the uterus and will not become a full human being. Or is a soul only created for a being Allah knows will live at least to the time the soul gets implanted (which from some opinions is 120 days).

If so, what kind of soul does a zygote that made it to only the early stages have? If the answer was yes, that it had a soul created for it, it would make me think that there is such a thing as reincarnation, whether it's all in this Earthly life or another life. I don't think there are answers, but it's still something I think about for a short time.

Any more thoughts on this?

1 Comentário:

Wrestling With Religion said...

Here's another thought from me ;) Maybe the soul is the consciousness? Then for a foetus that didn't make it, consciousness is either in some way recycled (in reincarnation), or would go back to God. That's if the foetus even reached the point of being conscious.

Since we don't know what the experience of heaven is like, I guess we can't know if a foetus experiences it differently from a grown adult. It might be so different from the experience of earthly life that we can't compare the two.

I hope you're feeling better. :)

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO