Monday, September 14, 2009

My Nora is coming home in 3 dodos!

I can't wait! Thursday night, my daughter Nora and my husband are coming home from Egypt after 5 full weeks!!!! I can't believe it has been so long. Although I can hardly remember what it feels like to have them here, so in that way, it does feel like it has been forever.


It has kinda sucked being alone all this time. Yes, lots of time to focus on myself, bla bla bla, but I focused on them even while they were away and I didn't do anything special while they were gone really. I took the extra time to sleep more and relax. I took up Farm Town (Facebook ap) and became obsessed. My farm is looking great though! And I read more than I could have with them here.

I don't care though. I'll let everything on my farm rot to see my beautiful daughter and have her in my arms! To take care of her like she needs. To discipline her after 5 weeks without (poor babe, but vacation is over...).

3 dodos (sleeps)!!! Woohoo!

8 Comentários:

Umm Omar said...

SOOOO happy for you! May Allah return them safely to you!

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Its gone by so fast! Wow, yeah I bet they've fed her plenty of junk and let her stay up half the night the whole time :) Oh well, gotta let the relatives have their fun.

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Yay, that's great! You must be so happy! And wow, 5 weeks has gone by so fast!

Candice said...

She has been spoiled rotten over there! They let her throw things from the balcony, laughing as she does it, throw things on the ground, sleep and wake up whenever she wanted, watch way too much TV, eat cookies, and it seems she even took up biting but she only seems to bite her dad at least.

It'll fall back into order. Only 2 dodos now!!!

Mrs. S said...

Hahaha. I know biting isn't funny, but I can’t help but laugh thinking about it. My husband’s cousin brought his kids overseas with him when we were all there this summer. The youngest is about 1. She was the sweetest baby in the US, but over there she was a terror. She never bit, but had a thing about grabbing faces. She would go up to other unsuspecting babies, grab their faces with both hands and pull. Her mom was so embarrassed, because she just couldn’t control the kids while we were all there. Any disciplining she did was totally undermined by all our relatives. I’ll admit I’m one of those relatives who gave the kids as much soda as they wanted, let them eat all the pastries and sweets they could keep down and picked them up any time one of their parents told them to walk.

In’shallah your husband and daughter enjoy their last few days in Egypt and have a safe trip home. I’m happy to hear they’ll be home to celebrate the Eid with you as a family!

Candice said...

Nora is the sweet-but-naughty type. It's mostly that she's high energy and not too laid back. But she's very sweet and careful when she needs to be. I feel like it's the perfect combination, but they seem to really be making her a pain! I've heard her yell at her grand-mother to bring her more juice while she was in a different room! lol.

Jamilah said...

Good luck getting her back to a normal schedule! It sounds like she had a great time!

Oh and add me on facebook and I'll be your farm buddy! jenz1020@gmail.com

Candice said...

Hi, I added you.

Nora is coming in only 1 dodo now! We will probably be arriving home around this time tomorrow night, and I'm seeing her in less than 24 hours! Wooh!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO