Sunday, September 20, 2009

Eid Mubarak! And books.

I wish you all a Blessed Eid :)


I decided to do some book shopping today. I ordered from www.goodwordbooks.com, finally. About 50$ worth of books. Lots of those small books that I figure would be good for my uncle to learn some basics about Islam, and some slightly larger books for reference. I also got some children's books including "My First Qur'an"! They didn't ask me for my credit card info yet, but I got an e-mail about the order and I figure they will send me something else including the shipping charges before they bill me... I hope it won't be too insane because I know it's shipping from India which is pretty far... So as long as it's not a mega-amount, that should be good to go, and arriving in like a month! lol.

I also filled my shopping cart with books on amazon.ca, which included Muhammad Asad's Message of the Qur'an with commentary. It's an expensive one, but I feel it's worth getting... Also Tariq Ramadan's Radical Reform and In the Footsteps of the Prophet. And a book on sign language.

AND, I was looking for The Ideal Muslimah, which I've been meaning to read, and didn't want to order it from another different place, so knowing it was online, I downloaded it, from kalamullah.com. Wow, they have an insane amount of books on there. May Allah reward them for posting up so much information. There were so many that interested me, but I know I won't go back there all the time to see, so I spent such a long time downloading pretty much everything for my computer. I feel I have easy access to so much information now!

I love to feel a book though when I'm reading, so I don't know what the solution will be for these... Maybe I'll get used to reading on the laptop. Or I'll print some little by little. I'll see.

OH, last thing. Only 2 dodos until my Noonie is with me!!! I know I've said that before, but this time it should be for real! :)

2 Comentários:

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Yay! 2 more days :D

And I can't wait till you read Tariq Ramadan!! I just ordered his book Radical Reform too :D

Eid Mubarak!

Aalya said...

Just wanted to send a quick Eid Mubarek... great about the books...I love ordering books and then the excitement when they arrive!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO