Friday, August 14, 2009

Thoughts from right now

My husband and daughter are in Egypt.

I will have a lot of free time, of time for myself, in the coming weeks. I feel like I'm missing something in my life right now, without my daughter here and not being able to contact her easily either. My husband is sleeping after the trip right now, so no one is online. I got to see her and she got to see me (and my family) for 12 minutes during my lunch hour but that was it other than the update that they'd landed safely a few hours before.

Thinking about my situation clearly... I definitely need to use these weeks alone to do things for me that I can't do when I have the responsability of a full-time mother. I plan on making better efforts to pray the 5 prayers, to read and learn about Islam, to fast Ramadan and make it a spiritual experience and hopefully I will find at least a couple ways to volunteer or give something to the community somehow. I hope to have that opportunity. I have time, I'd like to use it for good. I also plan on getting myself in better shape by exercising and eating well. I plan on relaxing a lot. Sleeping more for sure!

But right now I can't imagine going to do these things... I just want to wait for my husband to go online and give me an update about our baby!! I'm reading the last book of the Twilight saga and I'm nearing the end. I hope he gets here before I finish it. lol. I have this book that I will finish and then two other books I'm close to being done and after that I will step out of the make-believe and into real life. Not to say that I feel I am losing touch with reality by reading the book, but there's something about it that drags me into the story and idea. And I know 100% that it's not true, but to enjoy a book, you have to immerse yourself in the story, and I have done that with these vampires, so it's like an exit to spend those minutes or hours reading. Even if it's just the time I spend actively reading it, it feels like moments too many to be out of touch with reality. KWIM? I know that sounded weird.

4 Comentários:

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Aww I can imagine that Nora is always on your mind :) But sounds like you want to do lots of things while they're away, and maybe if you start now you'll be able to continue once they're back =)

Nikki said...

I read the last book of the Twilight saga for six hours straight one day. It really does drag you in...this was last summer when I was pregnant and feeling lazy, though, lol. That's how I justify it.

Since my son's been born, moments to myself are hard to come by. I read, of course, but not like I use to. My son's a million times better than any old book, though. I'm sure you're Nora is, as well. :) Glad to hear they arrived safely.

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candice said...

The last book is so good! I love happy endings. :) But yeah, definitely not doing much for myself since Nora was born and I plan on taking advantage of time to do these things for me.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO