Thursday, August 27, 2009

Salat at work

I prayed dhur at work! I managed to pray dhur ON TIME on a work day!!!

After doing wudu and going to the praying spot I found (a room we rent but don't use), I realized I was wearing short sleeves. I had a pashmina though, so I put it over my head and had it going down over my arms. I had to hold it under my chin to cover everything appropriately, but it worked out OK. I had to go a bit quickly because time really is limited, but it was still a time for me to concentrate on God. I wasn't able to concentrate as much on the words I was pronouncing, but the general ideas were there, and the feeling was still there even if it was briskly done with.

It was great to pray dhur on time. It's less effort for me to pray now, and it has become a thing I enjoy. Don't know how often I'll manage to pray it at work, but I feel good about having taken the time. I could have easily dismissed it.

8 Comentários:

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Yay congrats :D It must have felt really nice!

SirAdib.com said...

Assalaamu'alaikum sis. Congrats on being able to fit salat into your working hours. Might I ask what you work as that makes it difficult to get just a few more minutes of break?

zainab1 said...

As salaamu alaikum wa Rahmatullaah sister, big congrats on praying dhur , that's great , Allah ( swt) is soooo merciful & kind . Continue to make dua's asking for protection from whatever it is that would'nt allow you to make your salats at work . Insha Allah all will continue to work out fine .( smiles)

Candice said...

It's a small office (6 employees) and I'm the one most able to replace everyone, so with vacations especially, it has been busy there. And we are soon to be 8 employees so even when we're all there, I've been putting work in everywhere. But this is the 5th week straight I'm replacing someone... And even during my break, I have to be available to receive calls. But MEH, I just left anyway for those minutes. Someone managed to take the messages for the calls I missed.

NeverEver said...

alhamdulillah I'm glad you got to pray dhuhr sis!! :-D

Candice said...

I'm really glad I did, especially now since I started my period just around asr time and so I would never have been able to make it up if I hadn't prayed it then. :) What awesome timing that I would pray at work for the first time when it would be my last prayer for at least a few days!

ellen557 said...

That is so good Candice, seriously! I feel so relieved reading that, because if you have the determination to pray at work then inshaAllah I will too!
<33333

Mrs. S said...

Yay for praying Dhur at work! It's such a great way to refocus during the day. Luckily, our receptionist keeps a look out for me while I pray in a conference room near her. She makes sure no one walks in and interrupts.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO