Saturday, August 15, 2009

Non-Islam, Non-Nora :p

I use Facebook and all the people on my list are people I actually know, but they are not all close, and they are not all people I would want to hang out with, and they are not all people I care in the slightest about (no more than the regular amount of caring I have for any human being). I really should do a cleanup. One person on my Facebook is my ex-best friend's step-sister and her status name was somthing like, "I get so annoyed with un-fashionable people.". Maybe it's this numb state I'm in about life with Nora gone, but it seriously bothered me. It's fine to be interested in fashion, but to be annoyed with those who aren't? Seriously... What kind of life does she lead?! It is so shallow. I can't help but feel like her life is so upside down, having fashion as a priority and, not only that, being "annoyed" with people who don't!

Typing it now, I feel like my reaction is a bit overdone, but meh, I really got bothered. I wrote something about hoping it was an inside joke or something and refrained from writing that if not, she is so superficial! She replied at first yesterday, but today, I saw a notice about another reply from her sister and all the comments had been deleted from this status update.

What I am learning from this: Even if I haven't cried my eyes out about Nora leaving and I *seem* pefectly fine and dandy, it is affecting me a lot. AND I really need to clean up my Facebook account and get rid of people I don't need on my list.

12 Comentários:

Jamilah said...

I find myself annoyed with the same kind of things, so you are not alone.

I guess that when we accept Islam we see the world in a different way. Things that once seemed important to us don't anymore.

SirAdib.com said...

One thing I liked about facebook is how we are more connected to the little bit of news from our close friends, and not competing people with having 5000000 friends on our list like in Myspace.

Candice said...

Jamilah: Phew, at least I'm not alone. I feel good seeing the world more clearly. About fashion though, I was never into it, but I find myself seeing things more clearly on other subjects too. Feels good. I wouldn't give this up.

Sir Adib: Yeah, I never got into the myspace thing. I used to go to my fave bands' pages to listen to posted songs. But bah, it was boring. Facebook I really enjoy though. I like to feel connected like that and just do my thing, post my updates.

.::Tuttie::. said...

as salaamu aalaykum,

your baby girl will be back soon inshallah. hugs

Stephanie said...

I'm starting to hate fb for those same reasons dear, you're not alone. I've found myself expending way to much energy being annoyed by other peoples updates. As for your sweet baby girl inshallah she'll be back in your arms before you know it.

Aynur said...

Yeah I had to go through a few weeks ago and delete a few people that I don't actually talk (in-person or online) to.

Jamilah said...

I have some people on mine from High School and sometimes all they talk about is drinking... Even if I were not Muslim I am soooo past that stage in my life

Candice said...

Yeah, same here. One of my good friends it a huge party girl. I just can't believe she'd put herself through that again and again. How can she be so excited to "go out and get wasted"? I never got that... Was never the drinking type, I guess. Oh well...

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

I agree with Jamilah - once I became a religious Muslim I stopped caring so much about what other people are doing, wearing etc. It's sad when your life revolves around things like that.

malizea said...

I have had the same problem and them delete my account and do another! now I only use facebook to keep in touch with my family and my very close friends!

Ms M said...

I think you're wise to think about revising your facebook. Not everyone needs to have 200 friends. For most of us its about keeping in touch and if you don't want to keep in touch with them you've got that choice. Minimalism ;)

I'm a bit like Malizea in that I pretty much only have people I ''know'' (as in face to face) with just a couple of others who are trusted and I know them through other ways. That way I feel safer.

Candice said...

I ended up cutting 50 or so people off my list quite a while back. :D

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO