Thursday, August 27, 2009

Learned Surah An-Nas

:D

I am very glad to say I learned my first surah! Well, after Al-Fatiha, of course, which I learned quite a while back. My Ramadan goal is still to learn 4 of them. I want to give myself time to adjust with each before going for more, just to better understand and feel the meaning, and to better pronounce it and maybe to be able to write and spell it in Arabic as well. Next one I will learn is Surah Al-Falaq. I heard it at least a few times and I've practiced reading Arabic with it so I'm familiar with the way it sounds and feels, so I think it will go as well and as fast as this one did. But I will let Surah An-Nas sink in for a bit so I don't forget it too easily.

10 Comentários:

'izzwan said...

congratulations!
recite it (or any other surahs you memorized, even a single ayaat) after al-fatiha during salat.

great practice drill!

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Yay for you, I just love hearing the Quran recited. The cadence just kind of draws you in. I know Al Fatiha, Al Ikhlas, and An-Nas. Al Ikhlas is probably the next easiest one for you to learn.

Ms.Unique said...

Masha Allah ... Congrats sis ... May Allah make it easy for U Ameen :)

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Congrats! I love Sura an-Nas, it's one of my favourites.

ADK said...

Congrats! for you,
that's very nice MashAllah
Keep learning :)

Anisah said...

Mabrouk !! good for u :)

Anisah said...

I forgot to say this is my favorite one...and of course I love to use it for my Fajr prayer :)

zainab1 said...

As salaamu alaikum congrats, beauuuuutiful surah , one of my fav's. Keep up the good work. May allah ( SWT) reward you for all of your great effort, Ameen.

Aalia of Abu Dhabi said...

Mashaa'Allah!! Yay!! Sis, one of my tried n' true tips for memorizing the shorter Surahs is to write them down on a little slips of paper, and recite them each Fard or Sunnah prayer.

Think about how many times a day u will be memorizing it!!

It took me only a few -- and I def. recommend this method!!

Keep up the good work :-D

Candice said...

Thanks! That'll be a good for sure. With this one, I found that testing my memory worked well... I went to pray right after I learned it and had to pause and think it over to remember the part I needed to remember. And it just got more fluid from there.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO