Friday, August 28, 2009

Going lovey-dovey on 5 great blogs!


Thank you to Sarah the Seeker from Wrestling with religion, Sara from Cairo, Lusaka, Amsterdam, Melissa from Musings of a Muslimah Mom, Amber from Little Steps Home , Ellen from Steadily Emerging with Grace and Struggling from Life Struggles for the award!

This is also a tag. I need to state my 5 current obsessions.


1) Islam - Encorporating Islam's rituals in my daily life and learning more about Islam.


2) blogging - Whether it's posting or reading others' blogs.


3) reading books - I'm reading much more than usual to deal with my husband and daughter being gone, and I'm enjoying that!


4) The Twilight saga - I'd originally written here "filling my time" but then I realized that this is what is filling a lot of my time! I'm really obsessed... Even if I don't want to admit it! I think of Edward and Bella at work while I'm talking to clients, if that can give an idea.


5) My husband and daughter - With them so far away in Egypt, I just think of them constantly.


Here are the 5 people I award the freakin' fabulous blog award to:


Sara from Cairo Lusaka Amsterdam - Love this feminist Muslimah! :) I always light up when I see her name in bold on my Google Reader list indicating she has a new post.
Sarah from Wrestling with Religion - Always thinking. I love the things she brings up and how she words them in her posts. It's always a good read for me. And it makes me THINK! (even though it comes out as though I didn't think at all from being at work typing sentence at a time between calls :P)
Umm Omar from Just Another Day - Her homeschooling posts especially really inspire me to be better for my daughter. Even though I don't homeschool and likely won't get the chance... Still useful posts for me.
Ellen from Steadily Emerging with Grace - A super girl going through a journey kind of similar to mine. So nice to read her blog. Sometimes she's where I was, sometimes she's where I might be.
University Bound Muslimah - Just recently found her blog and I just have positive feelings towards her all the way. I read far back into her posts, I just want to be her friend, you know? It's that type of blog!

Thank you guys for blogging! :D And thanks to so many others as well, for making my blog experience a great one.

6 Comentários:

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Awww thank you! That's so sweet! What you said made me really giddy and excited, lol :D

Life's Balance Beam said...

IM OBESSED WITH THE TWILIGHT SAGA TOO!!!!! craziness wishing i was in the cullen family minus the blood thirst haha!

Umm Omar said...

Thanks for the award and for the nice words! Sorry I didn't see it sooner. Wow, your husband and daughter are in Egypt? That must be hard. I've missed a lot around here. Gotta go catch up.

Candice said...

I just posted it yesterday! Don't worry, I'm the one who took a long time to actually finish the post I started when this tag/award thing came out! I decided yesterday to at least finish ONE of the unfinished posts I have up there. Seriously, I must have near 10 now that I want to finish, but I don't always have the time, motivation, or inspiration to finish things I wanted to write about whiles ago.

And yeah, they're in Egypt! It has been over 2 weeks already and I miss them so much!

ellen557 said...

Thank you! I hope my journey ends up with certainty, like yours, though!

UniMuslimah said...

Salaam alaikum,
Awww, thanks for the award and the kind words!

(Oh and this is old, but congrats on learning Surah al-Nas!)

Cheers!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO