Wednesday, July 22, 2009

10 Honest things - a tag

I won't be able to say who tagged me because I know there were 3 or 4 and I can't remember them all. SO SORRY! I love your blogs though, sisters, sorry for not linking back to you.



To do the Honest Scrap tag… Here’s the deal. Tell your readers 10 things about you that they may or may not know, but are true.

1) I am a very lucky person for having such a great family. Loving, supporting and understanding parents with an open mind, a nice brother, many aunts and uncles looking after me and cousins who are friends.

2) I imagine myself going to Egypt to live someday. Not permanently, but for a couple years for my daughter to learn about where she's from and become fluent in Arabic. And for me to learn Arabic as well.

3) I come from a bilingual (French-English) family. My mom speaks French as a first language and my dad speaks English. The main family language is French, but me and my brother went to school in English (except for me doing my last 2 years of highschool in French, just for fun).

4) My husband is a big dude and he weighs approximately twice me and my daughter's weights combined. :p (I am not very heavy though and our daughter is only 2)

5) I've been working full time for about a year and half now as a collections agent.

6) I can't wait to go to university. I can't even start to think about it now because of other responsabilities, but it will not leave me. It is something I WILL DO.

7) My dog died a year ago this month. She was actually put down and I'm a bit upset with my dad for doing that to her when she wasn't in such bad health (she was 14 years old though). I can't feel too upset with him though, knowing that he loved her as much as I did and cried way more than me.

8) I don't like when people take pictures of the dead people at funerals. I accept that they do it, but when they send them to me, or post it up in a private place, I REALLY don't like it.

9) I loved my childhood and I always remember it as the best time of my life.

10) I am too open sometimes. I don't feel the need to keep everything to myself because I am not ashamed of what I do or am or what happens. But I am learning that sometimes it's best to keep my mouth shut about my personal life and my thoughts.

I think everyone has been tagged for this, but if you haven't, please post! I actually enjoy reading everyone's 10 honest things, I just can't remember who hasn't posted one yet! DO IT! YOU are tagged!

8 Comentários:

zainab1 said...

As salaamu alaikum sister, Egypt I have thought about moving there a few times , I truly hope to live in an islamic country some day, insha Allah. I also loved my childhood I have many, many good thoughts, that I will cherish forever.Yes, do not let go of the idea of attending school, that is great, Insha Allah you will do so .
Of course I don't mind that you didn't mention who tagged you I totally understand. To me that really doesn't matter I love the Idea of learning more about people and realizing how we all have so much in common, muslims and non- muslims alike. As salaamu alaikum.

Candice said...

Thanks Zainab! Hopefully people read the comments and notice you tagged me and check your blog!

Amber said...

Candice,

Not going to help with the 'ick' factor on 7, probably, but have you ever seen the old pictures of the dead they used to take? Where they would pose them as though they were still alive?

*Those* are creepy.

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

How is working as a collections agent? I had thought about applying as one before, but didn't know if I have the personality for it.

Umm Omar said...

#3-kewl!

#6-love the determination! Yes, you will!

#8-that's just creepy, I'm with you on that.

Candice said...

Thanks! :) And Stacy, I replied on your blog!

Faith in Writing said...

Ew, photos of the dead people?? What's with that?? I've never heard of that before. That is in VERY bad taste. And to send them to you? It's not like a photo from a party or something!!

Candice said...

Yeah, I hate that. My uncle sent an e-mail to me and my brother and dad of my dead grand-mother at the funeral. Not something I really wanted to see! And my aunt died last year and her brother (she was my uncle's wife, so her brother is not related to me, but I know him) put up pictures of her funeral on Facebook, including her in her casket. That was even worse! It's SO PUBLIC!

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO