Sunday, May 24, 2009

Haven't been posting much...

...but I have been reading and trying to comment at least a little.

When I wrote my last post, I thought I'd have a couple new posts coming but I really didn't have anything to write. I thought of the blog and my mind went blank. Maybe this "I donno what to say" entry will spark a bunch of things to say like my last such post... Hopefully!

But it's different now than it was then. I've just been exhausted from my daughter being sick... I still haven't regained my appetite. If anything I have been eating less now than I did when I was at the hospital all day. Maybe it's because there was nothing to do there so whenever I had a chance to leave the room it was to eat, hungry or not. I just weighed myself for the first time in a while and I have lost about 6 pounds. Might not seem like much but I haven't been trying and I'm on the skinny side of a healthy weight for my height. I hadn't thought about weight at all so I was really surprised when I weighed myself and found that. I guess if I had been thinking about it I wouldn't be surprised much by the weight loss since even I know I have been eating less and been under some stress.

Funny how the scale came out at my parents'. My brother was telling my husband he couldn't eat the whole lasagna he had ordered for himself and of course my husband said he could (I was like... duh, of course he can!) and they weighed it. It was a kilo they said (the scale is in pounds so I guess they converted that themselves). Anyway, he ate it all.

About Islam, I have been thinking about God and Islam constantly lately. Funny that I can't think of anything to post when I'm thinking about Islam the most. I prayed the afternoon prayer and I will pray the night one soon, I think. I hadn't in a while... I don't know if I will keep up at least a prayer per day, but I hope to. I am trying to get my husband to pray too but I don't think he's there yet. I will try to update about my Islam at least, even if I find no interesting topics to write about.

Thanks for reading.

7 Comentários:

Sakina Al-Amin said...

May Allah help you and guide you the right way.

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

It's great that you're thinking about Islam a lot, and that you've decided to pray at least once a day. I look forward to your next blog posts :)

Candice said...

Thanks!

cairo, lusaka, amsterdam said...

Candice, I posted the books on women and Islam you asked for :)

Anisah said...

hiya...u know, I find it interesting that you pray even though you do not feel ready to convert...
I remember when I finally decided to convert...I realized I was already a practicing Muslim so might as well go ahead and make it official because.. you never know when your last day is...

Candice said...

CLA Thanks! I saw it before even seeing this comment. lol.

Anisah: I didn't know that about your journey! I think I am starting to feel the same. I don't know... Not quite there yet, but unlike sometime before when I was just interested in Islam, I now see myself as someone who will be Muslim someday. :)

Anisah said...

Incha'allah, sometime soon we can get together and have a sit- down and chat about it :)

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO