Monday, April 6, 2009

Introduction to my Qur'an translation

I mentionned wanting to read the introduction to get a feel for the translator. It's not written by the translator afterall. But nonetheless, it was a worthwhile read. It really echoed a lot of my feelings.

I talk a lot about what is most important to me and what the only thing I see as truth is. It's what I've been calling our inner sense of right and wrong. I feel that this is something that was given to each and every human, by God. And that essentially, a person stripped of this life's influences will have all the truth he needs. All he really needs is to follow this inner knowledge to be a submitter to God. It's not an easy thing to do, because we are all influenced, but I feel it can be sufficient to base our lives on this.

This is how I come to the conclusion that anyone, Muslim or not, can submit to God and find Heaven (whatever Heaven really is). Anyone can please God, whether or not they are part of the "right religion".

Here is something from the intro that kind of echoed this feeling of mine:

"This means that the Divine Reality, explained by the Quran on a conscious plane, pre-exists in man at the level of the subconscious. The message of the Quran is not, therefore, something which is alien to man. It is in fact a verbal expression of tht same divine Reality which is in consonance withman's own nature and with which he is already familiar."

It goes on to talk about God's "first address" to humanity. That the Quran is a reminder of what we already know naturally. I wish I could go into more detail but I really must be going to bed! Hopefully more to come about this subject, too.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO