Thursday, March 19, 2009

Inspirational Phrases or Qur'an Verses

I'd love for you guys to suggest some inspirational phrases or Qur'an verses I could print out and post around my house (doors of closets, the fridge). Something that could inspire me, but also my husband. To inspire him to do something in real life, it would take him coming back to Islam... I know that this is something that can change him. He has no problem getting motivated to "achieve" in his game(s), but I really want him to realize that it is more important to achieve in real life. He needs to feel not only that it's worth it, but that it's necessary to do certain things. And I'm sure he would do it for no other than God, so he needs to find that connexion...

I think Al-Fatiha is a good one to put up. It is so important in Islam, and it is the surah that he knows should have so much more importance in his daily life than it does. And for me as new to it, is is only good for me to know it better than I do now. I would quickly learn how to spell the whole thing perfectly! And pronounce it better.

Please suggest ahead! Something short like one sentence or as long as Al-Fatiha but not much more. Thanks!

5 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

Verse of the Throne (Ayatul Kursi)
is good.....
Surah 2--v254--257
254---Oh you you believe! Spend out of the bounties we have provided for you, before the Day comes when no bargaining (will avail), nor friendship, nor intercession. Those who reject faith--they are the wrongdoers.
255---Allah!, there is no God but he,-the living, the self subsisting, supporter of all. No slumber can cease him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is he can intercede in his presence except as he permits? He knows what is before, or after, or behind them. Nor shall they compass any of his knowledge except as he wills. His throne does extend over the heavens and the earth, and he feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for he is the most High, the supreme(in glory)
256---Let there be no compulsion in religion:Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects Tagut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworth hand-hold that never breaks. And God hears and knows all things.
257---Allah is the protector of those who have faith: from teh depths of darkness he leads them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the tagut from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkenss. They will be companions of the fire to dwell therein.

Bengali Muslimah said...

An excerpt from Surah Ibrahim:
And those who believed (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messengers and whatever they brought) and did righteous deeds, will be made to enter Gardens under which rivers flow, - to dwell therein forever (i.e.in Paradise), with the permission of their Lord. Their greeting therein will be: Salam (peace!)

=] hope it is motivational

Candice said...

I like those, thank you! I will find them in Arabic early next week, with the translation (which I have from your posts) and print it out at work! :)

Jamilah said...

I think this may be a bit long, but Surah Rahman is all about this kind of thing..

1. The Most Merciful
2. Taught the Qur’ān,
3. Created man,
4. [And] taught him eloquence.
5. The sun and the moon [move] by precise calculation,
6. And the stars and trees prostrate.
7. And the heaven He raised and imposed the balance
8. That you not transgress within the balance.
9. And establish weight in justice and do not make deficient the balance.
10. And the earth He laid [out] for the creatures.
11. Therein is fruit and palm trees having sheaths [of dates]
12. And grain having husks and scented plants.
13. So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?


For me its really that last ayat that I posted. 'So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?'.... Its sort of like a smack on the back of the head saying look at all Allah gives you! Wake up! Would you deny this??? And its beautiful to listen to in arabic as well. If you really read it and think about the meaning it makes you cry (or makes me cry) So its surah 55... love it!

princess kittie said...

I'm a few months late, I know, but I found some if you're still interested.

I won't copy the whole verse since that can make this comment long, so just the chapter and verse number, ok.

31:35, 34.19, 40.77, 61.10, 64.11, 67.1-2, 17:23-24, 2.256, 3.101, 42.25-26,

Go to http://www.spaceandmotion.com/religion-islam-muslim-islamic-quran.htm for some extra info/quotes, under sub-heading Hadith.
I've also found thetruereligion (testimonies section) very heartwarming as a Muslim who have (unfortunately) strayed.

peace.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO