Saturday, March 7, 2009

Being better

I want to make efforts to be better. It's so hard though... It's easy (or not the biggest effort) in certain areas; it's just to remember to act better and be better. But in other areas, it's such a struggle. One of those is my temper. I feel pretty stressed out about certain things and I just have some crazy anger inside me. It just comes out in tiny bursts. Sometimes medium bursts ; ) Thinking logically, it would be a good idea to find a way to either get it out in a complete way that is not harmful to anyone, not to let it accumulate, or just somehow eliminating the anger. I need to deal with the source of it, either directly when possible, or indirectly by dealing with it in my mind. I do try my best to do so, but it's not fully working.

I met someone just recently who is motivating/encouraging me to be better in an area of my life. Part of me feels I have to, part of me feels I shouldn't even need to. But I definitely have to find some sort of solution. And being better can only be good for everyone, can't it? :)

2 Comentários:

Anonymous said...

This is where the plaid jilbab was from but I think it is sold out http://www.amirahfashions.co.uk/product_details.php?id=41 (write the company to check if they have any left in your size)
-Pixie

Asiya Abdullah said...

The best way to deal with anger is to eliminate the source of it. If that's not possible, then there are some things Islam teaches us to do (from hadeeth). I realize you're not muslim yet, but you are learning about islam presently so I thought I'd share this with you.

A man came to the Prophet and said: “Advise me.” He said: “Do not become angry.” The man repeated his request several times, and each time the response was, “Do not become angry.” (Bukhari)

The man said, “I thought about what the Prophet had said, and I realized that anger is the source of all evil.” (Ahmad).

“Do not get angry, and Paradise will be yours.” (al-Tabaraani).

“Whoever suppresses his anger at the time when he could express it openly, Allah will fill his heart with contentment on the Day of Resurrection.” (al-Tabaraani).

“Whoever suppresses his anger when he is able to vent it, Allah will call him before all the people on the Day of Resurrection and let him choose whoever of the hoor al-‘iyn he wishes.” (Abu Dawood).

“The strong man is not the one who can wrestle another to the ground; the strong man is the one who can control himself when he is angry.” (Ahmad).

“The real strong man is the one who gets intensely angry, so that his face reddens and his hair stands on end, but he suppresses his anger.” (Ahmad).

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, also left us with advices on how to control our anger:

He said: “If a man gets angry and says ‘A’oodhu billah (I seek refuge with Allah),’ his anger will cease.”

He said: “If any one of you gets angry, let him keep quiet.” (Ahmad)

He said: “If any one of you gets angry, let him sit down if he is standing. If his anger goes away, (that is good) otherwise let him lie down.”

Anas said: “I was walking with the Messenger of Allah, and he was wearing a Najraani cloak with a stiff collar. He was accosted by a Bedouin who pulled his cloak roughly. I looked at the Prophet’s neck and saw the marks left by the collar. The Bedouin said: ‘O Muhammad, give me some of the wealth of Allah that you have!’ The Prophet turned to him and smiled, and ordered that he should be given something.” (al-Bazzaar).

I know, easier said than done (believe me, I KNOWWWWWW), but at least the guidance is there for us to work to implement it. Inshaa Allaah any effort we make to become better persons, Allaah will not overlook it and will aid us and reward us.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO